đŸ”¶ Abyss Diana Series

LOL

I think its the blind worship that bothers me the most

Its also been proven that his graphs are wrong. His measurement procedures are wrong. His equipment is set up wrong. Its being played WAY outside the realm of even close to regular usage.

4 Likes

Blind worship and i bet some people dont know or dont realise the parts he puts in his test are not realistic. Ask most people off the street what db level causes harm and im sure they wont know. Add fancy charts and measurements and they go oh ok i see they must know something i dont.

no what is the worst is that he literally proclaims so called “factual rock solid scientific fact” he gives it out like bibles, and now this will be the 2nd american company that could face life long damage due to his “reviews”, all from a couple graphs that no one has calibrated or checked 3rd party. its a scam to push companies around. schiit audio had to literally make 2 versions of the same amp to satisfy specifically him sending it to him with the note “we made this one for the people who care about graphs” they were almost moking him , its sad what his audience does to people that even ask a question or maybe question why ASR works for topping and SMSL.

6th post down -

1 Like

And when Abyss (DMS) released their measurements disproving the bs, everyone went “well we can’t trust these since they come from the manufacturer” :man_facepalming:

Anyway, Our Dear Leader Amir’s methods and results have been proven to be far from scientific multiple times so whatever.

I’ve requested for Abyss to do an episode of measurements of their own
 DMS is decent with measurements but I think they should give a pair of Diana w/DMS mod to Resolve for measurements as he’s about as thorough as they come.

2 Likes

There’s a Reddit thread about it - apparently someone from Abyss commented on a video alluding to the fact that he was an amateur and the measurements were wrong. ASR cult responded with rage. lol

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah they’re not happy :rofl:

6 Likes

That member must be so happy his headphones are so shitty according to the measurement club.

Why are you guys taking this seriously lol, it really isn’t worth getting worked up about whatever results audio peta ends up with (as flawed as they may be). Would prefer it this thread doesn’t become an asr rant thread, that’s not really needed here

10 Likes

I agree but the power of misinformation can be quite problematic
 If somebody new to abyss stumbles upon a DMS/Z review then comes here then compares it to ASR data they may be far more likely to accept charts/data over prose.

1 Like

To be honest anyone looking at an abyss tier headphone shouldn’t touch asr with a 10ft pole, and already should know not to, but you never know lol, some people come into this money with way too high of a budget and way too low experience

6 Likes

I agree with this, especially since this is supposed to be an information thread on the Diana v2.

With that being said, even though avid readers know that our community doesn’t really take ASR seriously and their pseudoscience, I still see many people randomly link or bring up ASR reviews

Also agree that we should remain on topic.

I think its kind of a mix of schadenfreude and pseudo-grief because everyone here knows at least one person who will refuse to try something they might like because numbers on a graph say bad

3 Likes

The problem is not that they say it’s bad. The problem is that they’re inaccurate.

We know that.
But to that person, their slavish unwillingness to accept anything but numbers that feeds a certain personal itch or belief, at least, say “it bad”
and nothing you can say will convince them the numbers are BS

1 Like

Yeah I get that. But my point is we shouldn’t be having this discussion because we “don’t like their numbers”. That’s not helpful to anyone. The discussion should focus on the fact that their numbers are wrong. If they were correct and people chose to move onto a different product because of them, no problem.

Yeah that’s true. My interest is less on acknowledging the numbers are wrong and more on “how do I convince my friend to stop believing because it’s honestly getting annoying hearing them criticize your purchases”

You do that exactly the way I’m talking about. You point out the ways the numbers don’t reflect reality, all the ways the measurement methodology is flawed, etc.