🔶 Acoustic Research AR-H1

This is the official thread for the Acoustic Research AR-H1

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: Yes
  • Open Back

:red_circle: Hifiguides Amazon Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

Gee, a very interesting set of cans that I don’t see discussed much. I do wonder what people will think of it compared to other similar headphones. :thinking:

I have heard that there is a brutal upper mids peak on these…

Haven’t had the best experience with them as well, they are fine but the build is meh and the sound honestly isn’t that great imo, I would rather take like a sundara or lcd1 easily. Nothing super special from my experience. Not horribly bad or anything but nothing that stands out to me as being good for the price

2 Likes

Read a review on this one somewhere with one of the cons being the fact it didn’t have an inline remote control… Why would you need something like that with these headphones?

Not really anything to do with the quality of the headphones themselves, just reviewers being reviewers…

Edit: They look really comfortable, after taking a look at the picture again

1 Like

Comfort was nice, but they unfortunately weren’t as comfy or built as well as the pictures suggest

Zeos went crazy for these in a recent review video he posted on Patreon. Its another link in the chain of the great Aiva driver mystery. Apparently these guys where there first. And the Aiva is a clone of this one. But its not far in the timeline. So everyone seemed to jump on these around the same time.

Still no idea whos responsible for the driver. To date we have these, the Aiva, Blon B20, takstar hf580, Monoprice M570, and lately the Sivga P2 All with the same driver lol. IDK if theres a conglomerate that owns all these companies or some manufacturer supplier thats selling to anyone who wants to use it (more likely) if it is i would like to know their name.

Anyway Zeos loved it. Said it was very open and had more detail than the Avia. Bass lite. He seemed at a loss for words. He seems to like these even more than the Aiva’s! I’m sure he’ll upload his video soon. These headphones failed and are no longer being manufactured the company Acoustic Research have a website but have few items for sale on it.

I looked on Ebay and these seem to sell used for around 250$ used. Found a website selling for 700$ new but only 1 left,

You are kinda getting ripped off if you pay more than 300 for these imo

1 Like

Quite a rip off for such a big gamble

Well the Aiva is selling right now for 600$. The Sivga P2 for 450$. Apparently the Avia was the best version of this driver. But the P2 comes close. But these are different. More detailed. If someone doesnt have any of the clones and wants the best possible version of this driver this is it. at least by Zeos review. Maybe someone could get on the horn with bonanza and negotiate a better deal?

Drop once had these for sale. i would just wait for a used one on ebay

There’s a less than stellar review of these here

Given the general crap shoot that Z’s reviews seem to be on occasion, I certainly wouldn’t pay $100 over original list price that seller is asking.

Yikes, if they are going that the aeon flow is the better headphone, that kinda affirms my experiences with them lol. I would agree that I personally would take the aeon flow over the h1, but I’m not the biggest fan of the flow lol

NOT same drivers as aiva. The AR-H1 is a single sided magnet planar driver. (Only magnets on the earside of the diaphragm). Sendy aiva have magnets on both sides. Dual sided. But maybe the driver is from the same engineer or something. But not same driver.

I read some Chinese articles on it and it says it use only single sided magnet array. Also innerfidelity on can jam 2017 talk to the AR booth and the representative say, bar style magnet, single sided on the ear side.

Also the company that own AR now is Voxx International. I called them and they said the H1 is discontinued and will not come back.

And yes, I wrote this in the comments on the YouTube video too. Got an account here just for this.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is that Zeos isn’t entirely knowledgeable about the subject and is spreading misinformation? :thinking:

1 Like

I’m shocked

I’ve heard these have a brutal 12 db peak in the upper mids. This is an easy pass for me.