Acoustic Treatment

I don’t think so…as a hard surface, even if porous, they’ll be more a reflector than dampener.

https://www.moondreamwebstore.com/curtains-6#s[16][]:479&s[3][]:20&ash[3][]:20&sid:1&h:leftColumn&ics:6&as4_base_selection:YToxOntpOjA7czoyOiIyMCI7fQ::

edit: they have 7db and 9db rated curtains.

Curtains and panels up! Took me FOREVER to line all the panels up, but totally worth it.

5 Likes

That’s cool and all but there’s like zero stereo system in there lol.

3 Likes

Sold everything LOL . . . Towers in the near future.

1 Like

Hahaha atleast ur voice will sound like it should… :rofl:

2 Likes

Sooo…room treatment before the speakers are playing. You may be the first and only audiophile who’s priorities are in the correct order :rofl:

2 Likes

Well I’ve already had quite a few different systems, but better late than never. The panels are really cool. You can put your ear up to them and it sounds like you’re going deaf in that ear.

1 Like

Are those the GIK?

They are!!

1 Like

They also sell the supplies to build your own.

1 Like

Why would I do that when I can continue procrastinating to build my own from scratch? What sort of madness is this you speak of? I swear mine will be ready by 2054.

1 Like

Hahaha . . . I thought about building my own, but the shipping cost for all the supplies made it the same price as having them built. The quality is good. There are a few waves in some of the panels, but it’s not a big deal.

1 Like

Cool nice to see they also have a UK site so not too shabby but I think at £200 for 3 id rather build my own out of towels :rofl: Though thats actually not too bad a price… :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, compared to other companies, GIK isn’t bad.

1 Like

Tasteful, an adult lives there. i can see paying for design and materials come to play when choosing a speaker to match the room.

Never heard them but the jamo C97 II towers in white or those kef Q950.

1 Like

Sounds like someone overlooked a perfectly good excuse to buy a laser level. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh I did buy a laser level for the sole purpose of hanging the panels. I also bought a tripod. The best part is that I put the tripod on top of a rolling storage cabinet in order to get the laser the same height as the top of the panels. Angling the laser up to the height needed would throw out an arc on the wall instead of a straight line. It took forever, but it turned out damn near perfect. I also had to use the locked/fixed setting as opposed to the self leveling feature since the trim pieces weren’t perfectly level of course. So to do that I had to level the level lol

It goes well in the room

1 Like

You can try acoustic curtains, It can be used to completely or partially enclose the noise source. Acoustic block curtains control noise by preventing sound transmitting and absorbing sound energy.