Active monitors as Hi-Fi PC speakers?

Thank you, what i learned so far is that KRKs and Mackies cant realy compare to T5V’s or LP6’s, even with built in eqalizer, is that right? In terms of music quality. Well if these are the best choice, there is nothing left but try them out when E30 arrives.

i don’t have those to compare against but I i sat and read/watched reviews and comparisons of those exact 3 for months and I finally went with the t5v and haven’t looked back. The rear port hasn’t been an issue for me, honestly. I’ve heard these aren’t the bassiest monitors but I’ve thought the bass is enough for me considering I use them on my desk. And since there is a rear port you could always push them closer to the wall to get more maybe? Lol. I have them right up against the wall almost and the rear ports don’t mess with the bass. I keep the bass switch in the middle I think? Maybe even minus. So I could still click it up and get more but I don’t need it.

Where these do shine is the treble though. Not elevated or anything but just super clear and airy. The ribbon tweeters are more than likely going to outshine the dome tweeters. And such great imaging.

2 Likes

This is how I have mine set up. Close to the wall but no issue. I’ve tried pulling them out and it didn’t make much a difference to me.

I’ve even faced them straight out and the imaging is still pretty on point. Even without stands to angle the tweeters up toward my ears, the imaging is good so I haven’t even bothered buying stands yet. I personally feel they look a lot nicer than the other two but that’s subjective as well. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

wow man thats one hell of a setup right there. Awesome! I even tought they are a bit bigger tho, i listened to them in a really small studio room, and they looked so much bigger. Yeah i think i will try those 1st and we will see, but to what i have now, there cant be any downside to any of those speakers really so i will be happy with anything really and i wish disappointed with those who will come after. Thank you a lot!

Thabks. I’ve been working on it a while lol. Very true. I think you’d honestly be happy with the sound of any of those choices. I’d say it comes down to looks to be fully honest. Each will have trade offs but I’m sure they’ll be so close that without hsvjng them side by side you wouldn’t miss one over the other.

They are fairly big though. Not too bad but that’s a 7.5 foot desk And a EATX pc case they’re by lol. so they look a little smaller

Thanks man. Those i have now are almost same size, but not that deep, just about 10cm less, so i dont really think that will be a problem. Yeah tbh, looks are something i care about too, and adams to me are the best looking ones, but well ho doesnt want those yellow cones.

Only thing I would’ve liked more would’ve been for the t5v’s to come in white to go with my color scheme. But it works well enough.

yeah thats one thing too, all my stuff is white, but well all pc stuff is black, so it will work just great i think

Did somebody say… White?

2 Likes

love the hard hats!

stress reducing foam like a ball… always been there ,seems like a good spot.

1 Like

They look really nice in white, wasnt sure in black, but these are really awsome and really nice setup too! I will have to work on that a little.