Advice needed - Rupert Neve RNHP

I got my hands on a Rupert Neve RNHP amplifier at a yardsale yesterday for 150€, my brother thought it was a steal (I have no clue) but i bought it. I understand that i need a DAC and a good set of headphones but **** there is sooo much, i don’t know where to start.

Any recommendations that would do this amp justice?

music/gaming 50/50

budget for cans and dac 700€

Fuck 150 euros where y’all yard saling?

6 Likes

That is a incredibly good deal provided it works jeez. those normally will sell for $400+

2 Likes

ANyway, alright so your budget is 700 with a 50/50 split. What type of music do you listen to and what style of gaming? Casual? Competitive? mixed? @shommen

Music is of mixed variety, anything from classical to electronic and gaming is leaning (a little) towards the competetive side but not super important
Is it possible to get something good for both worlds?

For the dac, for now I would just grab a topping e30 and be good there imo (if your budget is 700 for the dac and headphones combined)

That would leave enough for something like a beyer t1.2 in range, which preforms very well for games, and would also work well with the music you listen to imo (good all rounder and pretty impressive, should be able to be found for a good price where you are)

Another thing I would mention is the focal elex, but those are pretty hard to find in europe so that’s most likely not going to be an option

1 Like

Going to add to that beyer list there and add the dt 1990 for a little more neutral sounding headphone as I find the T1 a bit sibilant in some cases. Either way I will definitely agree to the Topping E30 and I personally love mine very solid for its price

Thank you all for the quick responses!
i will definitely go for the Topping d30 and i will have a closer look at both of the beyerdynamic headphones.

1 Like