Aeolus Suede VS Elex

its not about the music Nick. its about the gear

1 Like

Itā€™s clearly equally about the gear as it is music lol, no shame in loving both the same

1 Like

yeah Iā€™m definitely a gear slutā€¦ I was drooling over that 24 stepped attenuator option on the mk2 mini page pretty recentlyā€¦ lmao.

1 Like

We all suffer from CUD, and thats a real disease lolā€¦

This is only true with the stock aeolus and the universe lambskin pads. The universe suede heā€™s got are more of a balanced sound sig, so maybe thatā€™s why the comparison to the elex. I got an aeolus because I wanted the warmth the aeolus could bring, I couldā€™ve sprung for an auteur or verite if I really wanted to, but the aeolus seemed to be more what I was wanting. But if I wanted something more along the lines of what the suede pads sounded like, the aeolus might not have been my first choice and I wouldā€™ve looked at the other 2 zmf open headphones as well. So, I agree that he might enjoy the others more.

Just go for the gsx mk2 dact, will be worthwhile :+1::+1::+1:

hahā€¦ weā€™ll see. Have to pay my taxes first. :upside_down_face:

Ah yes, taxes first, audio second lol (although I would buy a better headphone first before you spend that much on an amp lol)

Yeah, I would have the amp with all that power but still be using the Clearsā€¦ lmao

Guys i just got a reply to my email to Zach. I told him earlier that i wanted to return the Aeolus. He said he read my posts here on Hifiguides and says he thinks i might like the Auteur would be more to my tastes and he offered to swtich headphones with me for no cost. Pretty awesome. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Honestlyā€¦ I am not entirely dead set on what I want to try next with headphones. I am pretty satisfied with the Clears on the RNHP and Iā€™m really not feeling a huge desire for anything at the moment. Curious to try that Aeolusā€¦ the Aeon 2ā€¦ and thatā€™s about it for now.

That is an awesome propositionā€¦ yeah do it. why not? No cost? Thatā€™s crazy.

Well thatā€™s pretty nice of him lol, that would be pretty sweet, I would take him up on that if you think you would enjoy that

That sounds great, wouldnā€™t have even expected such a thing. Thatā€™s really fucking cool of him : )

1 Like

If you end up not liking the Auteurs either, Iā€™ll buy them from you for the same price you payed for themā€¦ which is the Aeolus priceā€¦ hahaha
Seriously thoughā€¦ pm me if you want to do that. :stuck_out_tongue::+1:

lol, will do giova. maybe ill trade it for that new RNHP amp you got that i covet.

Well, there is nothing dark, muddy, or sibilant about the Auteur. It plays well across the entire frequency range and likes power. It does scale and takes to different amplification well.

That was an extremely generous gesture of Zach, hope you enjoy them better. I have to admit, this really is in line with the exceptional service I MYSELF received from ZMF especially with the desire to help no matter what type of weird situation some of us have thrown at them. I am tempted to purchase another set of cans from them for no other reason than the exceptional service they provide. (The headphones are great BTW). Good for you on reaching out Ant, hope this works out well for you.

2 Likes