Aeolus vs LCD2C vs Elex

Hey FBizzle thanks for joining in!
I read about the Clear a bit and i agree i dont think it will help with my Problem. It’s not that much of a problem but it’s something i want to change.
What kind of Pad’s did you use with the Auteur?

Gotcha. The auteur admittedly is somewhat like semi open for me (this is the case with most open zmf I have tried), where the eikon is closed, but it can be opened up with perforated pads, but if you want more openess stick with the auter

Thanks. I watched the Video.
So from what i unterstood: The Headphones statistically are the same but the Pad’s they get shipped in make the change.
So i’ll do some digging on that since M0N seemed to have already tried it.
I thought it was the same as the HD6x and HD650 which apparently are the same exact Headphones.

I know, that is why they are the same. At this point we are arguing subjective vs objective, facts vs opinions. They use 100% the same driver, 100% same housing and 100% the same damping. Unit variation is being ignored for some reason as well as the source. There are dozens of actual owners of both who confirm the findings. I have no problem if people believe him over me. I am a believer in facts and not audio magic or opinions. When the people who make the headphone as well as all the teardowns and measurements confirm they are 100% the same I can’t ignore facts for opinions based off of flawed testing. It’s a lot like the people who claim something is more detailed than something else only because the treble is boosted on the so called more detailed option.

And that is why so much misinformation gets spread in the audio community. So sad. Lol

Be careful saying that, there are people who think those are different as well. Lol

as the owner who’s trying to sell you his stuff wouldn’t it make sense tho? lol for him to say that with the pad change it’s the same headphone. afterall from focal’s line the elex is the most sought after headphone and the elear isn’t that popular to my knowledge. not to mention that the elear is straight from focal while the elex is a collaboration with drop so i assume they don’t get as much money. In additon i haven’t heard the elear so i can’t comment, but by your reasoning your opinion on it sounding identical to the elex is just as suspect as mon’s since both of you are just humans who have an opinion lol. frequency response is far from everything, and the only facts and opinions that are testable are a fraction of what makes a headphone have the sound it has. When you can come back with objective measurments straight for dynamics, detail retrieval and timbre ill be happy to consider your opinion because right now it’s as useless and objective as the next guy’s

3 Likes

For starters you may want to go back a read the previous posts before claiming I am doing the same about opinions. I’m not making my claim off of my experience but off of facts directly shared by the people who make the headphones. They just did another interview today with the headphone show and again explained why they are the same headphone. There are plenty of sources for anyone who doubts to look up the facts. There is no point for me to discuss further when people can’t be bothered to read or lack the ability to understand how a headphone or speaker works.

I will gladly admit I am wrong despite knowing the facts like 90% of everyone else has looked in to this if a single one of you can explain how they are different. They use the exact same housing, the exact same cca voice coil of 80ohms, same membrane and dome material and size, same surround, they both use zero paper tuning and are tuned with the pads entirely and mounted exactly the same. Anyone who doubts the perception of detail change from a pad swap has clearly not swapped enough pads. I see a few, actually less, people claiming I am wrong but I am the only one providing any form of proof or statements that can be fact checked.

I don’t know why I am surprised this is the only forum that has a couple people who can’t be bothered to understand how things work or look at the facts. I guess some in this forum continue the “make it up as you go along” like some reviews. I hope you two don’t think things work like Zeos explains. Please tell me you guys don’t think planars work like he described still. lol. All I ask is for one of you to tell me how they are different? Fyi the replacement driver is the same part for both elex and elear but I will still pretend myself and everyone else is wrong if you can tell me what makes them different besides pads and color. Outside of two people saying I am wrong there has been nothing to back it up. You are asking for stuff I already provided and easily searchable on google while providing nothing in return except the impression you don’t have a clue what you are talking about.

Edit: Just had to add this fact in since it seems a couple people clearly don’t understand how drivers work but just changing the pads, aka tuning, can change the thd of a driver. Guess what happens when clear pads are put on an elear? The thd characteristics change and actually improve in many areas. I hope I don’t have to explain the benefits of improved thd as well. smh

1 Like

Please do. Don’t let us poor dumb people stop your privileged mind from enlighten us.

1 Like

Please stop with the pointless bickering, we’ve discussed our thoughts, not really sure why there is still conflict here

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the full black color on my Elex makes it sound way cooler than the Elear.
Fight me!

6 Likes

It has been shown many times that color does make a difference in sound, so no point of fighting.
For the actual topic. Have to say i like the Elex most but that’s mainly cause it’ the only one i have owned and listened.

Obviously, in both speed and sound:

Red cars = 10% speed boost
Wood, Black, black & red HP = 15% better sound

I believe its called MON’s Law.

4 Likes

So to get back on Track i bought the HD800s and Hifiman Arya i wont go with another ZMF. Im selling every Headphone that i listed here.
The HD800s even though i like less treble is absolutely not fatiguing to my ears i have no clue why. Beyerdyanmic too sharp Elex peaks into my ear after a few hours. The Arya aswell way more chilled.
I dont even experience the LCD2C as “Chilled”.
Is it because they are not as intimate? I dont know what it is. I tried Voices in songs and just talking, Games including shooting from weapons, Bunch of songs with drums etc.

Im experience stuff that is sometimes so contradictory to what people say about how the Headphones behave. Maybe it is because of the Soundstage or the shape of the Pads and ear i dont know.

1 Like

And since M0N is so often talking about the HE6SE im already interested im buying those. Goddamnit.

1 Like

I’m not sure but perhaps it’s a synergy thing. Maybe you power all these phones off of something different. I don’t know if you mentioned it before but what dacs and amps do you use?

It might even be a power supply variation thing. Maybe it’s cleaner power in Germany. I’m not able to hear those differences I don’t think but some respectable and experienced audiophiles can.

Maybe on a macro level the power supply differences as well as the lore obvious cultural differences help explain the differing popularities of different headphones From one side of the Atlantic to the other.

Then again I’m only speculating…

I wish lol

1 Like

Be careful with those, make sure you are willing to invest in a speaker amp to get the most out of them imo, also make sure to see if it came from adorama or not

You mean this?

?

Yes, there were some that were sold from adorama for a lower price but ended up being lower quality so there might be some lesser ones are floating around on the used market. If you aren’t in the US, you most likely don’t have to worry about this

1 Like