Aeolus vs LCD2C vs Elex

Im in Germany. I already saw a few but since im in vacation tomorrow i’ll have to order the HE6SE after the Vacation.
And you know im gonna do iiit

Also i have to say how more intimate my LCD2C sounds compared to HD800s and Arya is insane. Tested it with Like 50 soundstage songs and effects today.

So many people say it has a wide Soundstage but i dont know… Not so much?
Depth is also much better on Arya.
Maybe its an unfair comparison.

I think the Arya and 800s are easily higher tier headphones than the lcd2c, the 800s is known for being extremely expansive, and the Arya is known for a great large and grand presentation with good depth. Imo the 2 classic is a bit on the wider side of things but def not as large and expansive sounding as the other two

1 Like

I liked the Arya most i have to say.
How would you compare the Arya and HD800s. I’ve ready the HE6SE has more Bass than the Arya which i would like.

In what ways or overall?

If you give it the amp it needs, for sure. But it’s also a different presentation and overall sound vs the arya (which isn’t a bad thing or anything but it’s going to be different)

That’s interesting, because I listened to that show yesterday, and I didn’t hear them talk about that at all. In fact, I never heard the word “Elex” even come out of anyone’s mouth, which I was kind of surprised by. Since we’re trying to be all about facts here (and I’d like to give you the benefit of the doubt), would you mind linking to the timestamp in that interview where they address this?

Sorry i meant how would you compare the HE6SE to the Arya and HD800S. In Bass , Overall soundstage and Treble ; how brighter/warmer comparatively

The headphone company in Heidelberg has the HE6SE, you could probably test them there :smiley:

He6se would be the most impactful out of the bunch (when properly amped), the he6se will dig very deep, possibly deeper than the Arya and easily deeper than the 800s. I think the he6 is also more detailed than the arya but perhaps similarly detailed to the 800s (although the he6 is more detailed in the bass and quicker). Stage wise the arya has a larger and more spacious stage, as does the 800s, the he6 has an average stage but depending on the setup it can have very good depth, but it’s more average tbh. Both the 800s and arya sound more refined in signature, the he6 can sound slightly rough around the edges. The he6 is more v shaped compared to the more neutral bright of the 800s and arya at times. Timbre wise, I think the Arya and 800s might have overall better timbre, but the he6 wasn’t lacking to me in this regard. The Arya is more forgiving, it’s more sweetened up compared to the he6 imo in the treble, and the he6 might be better extended or more prominent in the treble. Pretty detail forward. Mid-range wise I think the Arya is more linear in the mids, but the he6 has a pretty impressive mid-range imo.

This is all said running the he6se form a speaker amp, I really don’t find the he6se worthwhile off really any of my headphone amps, even those that put 10wpc into 50 ohms, I still prefer the speaker amps, but that’s just me (if I didn’t have a speaker amp I might prefer the arya tbh or another hifiman like the he500). I really love the he6se for just pure fun, and they just don’t seem as fun on most headphone amps I throw them on. They can get loud and sound alright on most amps, but to actually get the intended experience the speaker amp is something I would highly recommend imo

4 Likes

Alright! Nice explanation. Maybe i’ll stick with the Arya even with the atrocius Headband. Surely one of the most stupid looking ones everyones telling me that at least :smiley:
Also when i put on the Arya my ear seems to be at the bottom of the Earhole. I dont think that is intented.
But when i change the Headband to a lower position it hurts my jaw after Just a few Minutes.
That sucks. HE6SE seems to have more room and has the Headband from the Sundaras i think.

I find that headband quite comfortable moreso than the sundara style headband, but looks it might be hit or miss for some lol

It depends on how you have the headband adjusted but fit will be different for everyone, I like how the larger driver hifiman fit me, but I feel like I am in a spot where my head is neither too large or too small for them

Ah gotcha

I think if you wanted to get an idea of what the he6 can do without dealing with a speaker amp, the he500 is worth a look if you can find one used, pretty nice and doesn’t need an absurd amount of power to do it’s thing while keeping a similar sound signature for the most part (but it’s not as capable as the he6)

Well sucks for me i used my finger to see the distance between the end of my ear and the end of the Pad. Maybe it isnt even making a real difference.
My Arya is set on the last hole
Its very comfortable If i leave it there still Sounds great .
I was curious tho if you experienced Something similar.

So you aren’t getting a proper seal correct? Like there is a gap where it’s not fully sealed?

Im Not at Home right now but i’ll show you
Imagine my fingers are my ear and i If move the headband just a little to change it the pads will get on my jaw.

It’s sealed but still out of Position but i havent really tried to compare because it gets very uncomfortable

Ahhhh ok. Yeah no I don’t have that issue, but I know of people who find the larger driver hifiman uncomfortable because of a similar reason