Aeon 2 Closed (Noire) Dac/Amp Recommendation

Hey all!

I finally pulled the trigger on these bad boys and can’t wait to try them. I am now looking for advice on which Dac/Amp’s you guys recommend pairing with these? I have been using HiFi low impedance headphones over the years, but Dac /Amps, I don’t have much experience with them.

Thank in advance :slight_smile:

You’ll want something that can provide the current those cans need. They’re pretty current demanding. What’s your budget range, and what kind of sound are you shooting for?

@FiCurious
I’d say around 200-300 give or take for budget. Could go a bit over if the value is there. As for sound I’m not quite sure I know what I’m looking for tbh. If it can help, I do a bit of everything (casual gaming, music of all genres, movie watching) but I tend to do competitive gaming mostly.

So I’m guessing maybe something that’s a sort of jack of all trades?

You could look into Magnius or Erish

Thanks! @mochimashu

So like a Modius/Magnius stack maybe?

Personally I’d go for a Asgard 3 over the magnius, still paired with the modius. I found the Asgard to be a more satisfactory match with the aeon 2c (although haven’t tried the noire) due to having better timbre, less brittle sounding treble, larger and more defined spatial recreation, and also more impressive dynamics

Listen to @M0N :laughing: I totally forgot Asgard 3, solid choice

As other have said here for your price range Asgard 3 should be your go to.

You might be able to get a Lyr 3 for around $350 used as well. Stretching your budget and you would still need a DAC