AES/EBU Digital XLR vs Regular XLR Analog Cable

Hiya!

I bought a set of AES/EBU Digital XLR cables to connect between a balanced DAC and my incoming THX 789. I understand that these cables can carry an analog audio signal, but are they as optimal as a quality analog cable? Here is the cable I ordered:

3 Foot - AES/EBU Digital Audio Cable CUSTOM MADE By WORLDS BEST CABLES - using Mogami 3080 wire and Neutrik NC3MXX-B & NC3FXX-B Gold XLR Plugs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X70XYC6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_BElKwCnlwVs1T

They should be fine to use, but they are really made for digital information, and they have an impedance of 110 ohms, while most xlr cables are around the 45 ohm range. This will still work, and I don’t think you should notice a difference, but I would suggest just buying regular xlr cables for analog signal transfer. It’s just not really worth the extra price unless you need an aes/ebu. Its kinda like buying a coax spdif cable and then using it for audio. It will work just fine, but you are spending more for no real benefit

OK. That was a goof, so off to eBay they go.

If I’m going to call my THX 789 “endgame” I might as well get the right cables, noticable difference or not.

Thanks, Mon!!!

Well I mean you already bought them and there shouldn’t really be an issue so I don’t see the point in selling them