🔶 AFUL Performer5

This is the official thread for the Performer5

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: In Ear
  • Amp/Dac needed: No but Better With
  • Driver Type: 1DD and 4BA

:red_circle: HifiGo Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

3 Likes

Shameless plug

9 Likes

For the best price order order from HifiGo Aliexpress shop and apply Black Friday Sale coupon code: BFS30 for $30 OFF. :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Sorry - but is it just me that keeps reading this as “Awful Performer” ? Even when I correct myself, I then just think a-ful, yep that’s just a shortened version of awful. (Don’t mind me, reviews seem good.)

2 Likes

I keep getting this :sweat_smile:…

1 Like

That’ll be today’s earworm sorted :grin: - is this really only from 2018, feels like it should be longer ago than that?!

1 Like

That’s legit the first thing most people say about it. So nope, not just you

I don’t know if you know, but AFUL comes from the first letters of : “Amazing Fantastic Unique Leader”. :upside_down_face:
For the price, I’d guess it’s very good and fights in a tough $200-$300 price bracket. Let’s wish them success and see more such IEMs! :wink: :metal:

2 Likes

Does anybody have the graphic of the Asian Band 5 vs. Band 8 graphic with the spider-graph? Can’t find a translated version but I swear I’ve seen it before

1 Like

Lovely video, nice bgm as well.

Is it better than Timeless AE?

3 Likes

1-2 weeks should have mine in, not sure what’s up with Hifigo but they shipped that before my order from 2 weeks before lol

Tempted to cop these but where is the @hawaiibadboy review :thinking:

2 Likes

how are they?

got them right before the holidays so didn’t get a loot of time with them here were my initial impressions.
initial impressions - these can be pretty song picky but besides some outliers that made me cringe a bit, (first couple songs I listened to sounded congested af, and sometimes they struggle with bass) that said these can blow you away with detail retrieval I found myself getting lost in the smaller details at times.
build feels solid cable is nice but 2 pin qc may be iffy, my left unit had no issues but the rights 2 pin was so tight I couldn’t get the cable in, after I got it in and took it out a couple times it loosened up a bit though.
TLDR - I think it’s a very recording quality dependent set which for the price is wild, but also because of that enjoyment may be hit or miss.

2 Likes

anyone else put filters on these?

I recently received my Aful Performer5 and upon inspection, I noticed that inside the nozzles, the metal tube protrudes more on one side than the other. On one side, the metal tube sits mostly flush with the surrounding plastic, while on the other side, it protrudes quite a bit (maybe ~1.5mm more).
Additionally, the white filter inside seems to be unevenly applied on the side of the longer metal tube.

I’m wondering if this is something to be concerned about. Will this have a noticeable affect on sound quality in any way?

(Attached are some of the best photos I could take of it, but hard to capture the tube length differences)

can you hear a difference? if not I wouldn’t stress about it.

4 Likes

I agree with this. If you’re really troubled, you could return it (if within the window or get a refund if it were new) or you could get a filter installation tool and other filters and just adjust them yourself.
If you can’t tell a difference between the channels (easy way to tell definitively will be setting up playback in mono and seeing if things shift) then I wouldn’t worry about it. Given that the sound tube up to the actual nozzle is the same length and the filter (unless fully compromised) is still in place, I have to imagine that any actual impact to the acoustics is minimal.

2 Likes