🔷 Airist R2R (Drop DAC)

That’s a lot of dac. I just saw a talk Rob Watts gave and during the presentation he touched on the subject of clocks and how they were relatively negligible performance increases.

I agree for sure, I’m just at the point with my speakers (and a few of my headphones) that like everything is revealed lol

Here the presentation for anyone that’s interested. A lot of science with some ‘esoteric’ stuff mixed in.

2 Likes

How would it pair with a lyr3?

I think it would be pretty nice imo

1 Like

Sweet. Been looking at r2r dacs for a while. Been debating airist or schiit multibit. Though I may hold out for an rme dac. Rme might be Overkill for the rest of my gear though lol.

A good clean dac is never overkill imo. Plus, the RME has both balanced and unbalanced pre-outs, and a solid headphone stage.

Well, it isn’t always the most efficient use of money lol

I’m thinking about the denafrips. I have an SMSL D1 and prefer the Airist R2R, especially with my tube amp. Have you heard the Denafrips Terminator?

I have, but tbh while it was good I personally still preferred my Spring2 KTE

Oh crap, the beheaded pink panther. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am going from a CTH+SDAC with my Mr. Speaker CX headphones to a new set up. I got the THX AAA 789 and found a Airist R2R DAC. This should be a huge change. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ve been wanting one of these for awhile but unlike the 789 I haven’t seen this thing on Drop in… well, ever. They didn’t stop production did they? Or is it due to COVID?

1 Like

they stopped production, they stole the design…so yeah

2 Likes

The Airist is good… But honestly the Soekris is better. I keep wondering if I should order the Soekris or not. I’m eyeballing a Holo Spring Level 2 next.

1 Like

They are going for a different sound though, the airist is pretty colored where the soekris stuff is more neutral

1 Like

I wish the Airtist was balanced :slight_smile:

Balanced and single ended shouldn’t matter.

I feel like if they actually made a full balanced design, that would have put them in a price range with much tougher competition which would have made it less appealing imo

1 Like

Or keep it at the price range and really mix up the competition lol. I like things that take a hit to $$ and just come in like a bomb and make other makers go WTF…ummm 789 lol