Alambic Ears Mundaka

Mundaka

This is a boutique IEM that I wanted to spotlight ahead of my pair reaching me.
Coming in at €850, it is said to offer one of the most impressive bass performances available at any price point, easily up there with MEST Mk2 and even Rhapsodio Infinity MK2.

The driver setup is 1DD/1BA/2EST.

Here is the only proper review available: Alambic Ears Mundaka – Thunder!

Homepage: https://en.alambic-ears.com/produits-et-services

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see how you find them, what are you gonna compare them to?

2 Likes

The most expensive set I have owned thus far is the Oriolus Reborn which comes in at $880, unfortunately the right piece is missing :frowning:

In my current possession I have the following: TRI i3, Urbanfun YBF-iss014, oBravo Cupid, Acoustune HS1551 CU & Earfun Free Pro Oluv Edition.

So it will most certainly outclass anything I currently use.

2 Likes

Ah, I was in a similar position when I got my Graces, only really had headphones to compare them to.

1 Like

Not to worry though, I know what good sound is :slight_smile: I’ll know within a few seconds if these stack up against the Oriolus Reborn.

2 Likes

Mundaka frequency response

3 Likes

Frequency response of my set

4 Likes

If you enjoy them enough are you gonna send them back for custom remoulding?

Probably not

ahh, seems like an interesting set, will be looking forward to your thoughts on it when you get yours

3 Likes

Hey mate!

Have you received your Mundaka yet? :slightly_smiling_face:

Probably Monday or Tuesday

3 Likes

Can’t wait for your review :smiley:

It’s here. Haven’t had a listen yet though, need to charge my phone. I’ll be using E1DA 9038S G2 as DAC/Amp. (550mW into 16 Ohms)

3 Likes

Unfortunately, he messed up with the blue butterfly wing, it’s crooked and misaligned. Kinda disappointed.

Only matters if they dont sound good! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s easy to say if it isn’t your $$ spent on the set, LOL

1 Like

That really sucks… This is completely custom set?

1 Like

Yeah, just trying to light his mood.

Ngl, ill be pissed since aestethics matter to me

I’ve only had 30min with them. Not ready to give impressions just yet. I’ll be back later after work to give some details on the sound.