All Black Audio Setup

Hello! First time posting here and first time getting into audio anything. I’m currently planning to do an all black setup with my entire desk with a slight minimalistic look.

Aesthetics do matter to me but if there are reasons that I shouldn’t get one of these, please let me know what I should change it to and why. Each item I have a budget of $200-300 except the headphones. And if I am missing anything else. Please let me know. I’d love to learn and experience more into audio because I remember back in Middle School, I was gifted some Beats by Dre and I was blown away by it (because middle school). I experienced something in my ear (like an eargasm? i don’t know the term but that’s what I’ve always called it). Not trying to replicate but I want a good/decent audio setup that matches the looks and what I listen to.

And onto that point, I listen to alot of Hip-Hop and I don’t have a specific hip-hop genre. I listen to EVERYTHING. and I’m also going to be playing video games so there’s that too.

[Speakers] - Monolith MM-3

[Headphone] - Drop + THX Panda

[DAC] - DROP + GRACE DESIGN STANDARD DAC BALANCED

[AMP] - DROP + THX AAA™ 789 LINEAR AMPLIFIER

If there is more information that you need to provide me with the best setup that suites my needs, please ask. :smiley:

Get a Geshlli erish in black. THX prolly not worth

Just add the color choices to the order. free of charge. <3 geshelli customer service

Amp wise, personally for what you listen to, I might suggest something like a black asgard 3 and a black modius imo, I think that would outperform the thx in some respects, as well as better match your preferences more due to a bit more meaty response imo. Regarding the headphones, are you looking for something wireless or just something closed back?

1 Like

Woah, the whole transparent look is giving me gameboy vibes. I love it!
What makes THX not worth it?

1 Like

Completely customizable for free. Just ask for colors in order email. Sounds phenomenal

Just make sure you get a balanced dac as well…

For the headphones specifically, I would like to have only one headphone for all occasions. I’m using my GFs Bose QC II right now and it’s pretty good but it doesn’t give me that sound I need. Maybe it’s because I’m plugging it straight into the laptop. Anyway, I like everything about the Panda Headphones. Design, wireless, closed back. I can’t say anything on how it sounds but I’ve seen reviews from Z reviews, Badseed Tech, etc. They all seem to like it even though its wireless so It’s just pretty good for me.

Sundara w/ balanced cable ftw

generic recommendation

but yea, if you’re under $400 for the amp/dac, go single ended instead

Gotcha, they seem like a solid option imo. If you go with the pandas, I would mention that I don’t think they support balanced, so you would want to go with a single ended amp as on something like an erish you wouldn’t really be able to actually use it lol (same with thx but you are limited in performance there using single ended on a balanced amp). I haven’t heard the pandas yet but if it’s like the oppo pm3 which it’s apparently based on it should be very nice

Are you talking about the ENOG2 PRO DAC METAL CASE from the same site?

any balanced dac will do. The enog is also balanced. I had the full stack and it was amazing. Mine was ‘hugger orange’.

Also, don’t do wireless. Wired sound quality improvement is worth it over the wireless bs. Get a headphone with decent detachable cables + enog (or other balanced dac) + erish (or modius) and call it a day.

Generally a few things imo, one is that for the price I think there are other options that offer a better sonic experience and outperform the thx, and I think that an amp even like a jds atom can outperform the thx amps in some aspects. Generally I think the thx has more brittle and overly sharp treble, it doesn’t really recreate space that well compared to other amps, and timbre isn’t that accurate imo

You can bypass the amp in the panda if you want using wired, and also generally from what I have heard the panda is pretty dang solid wireless and is a good headphone overall for something wireless and wired as well

1 Like

You can use Wired on the Panda and I need portability on my headphones anyway. When I’m using it at home, I’ll just hook it up to my AMP

The Panda is also tuned physically as opposed to relying on DSP to fix the sound (though it sounds like they’re adding optional DSP), causing many wireless headphones to sound worse when wired, like the WH1000-XM3. Haven’t heard them yet myself, but they may replace my XM3s for portable/travel supplement to IEMs. Just hoping my delivery date doesn’t keep getting pushed (was supposed to be this month).

I’d get an iFi Micro iDSD BL and work from there…it has a pre out for your speakers, it’s black, it’ll power pretty much any HP you choose, it has a small foot print and portable but doesn’t support any of the wireless shenanigans mind :slightly_frowning_face:

Go crazy! Requested a Joker themed aesthetic from Geshelli Labs. Love what Sherri (and Geno) did for me! Once the next iteration of the Enog’s come out, I’m going to request a Miami Vice type of color scheme (probably some variation of pink and aqua). Great products and awesome customer service.

2 Likes

Looks pretty sick :+1:

That looks awesome :+1::+1::+1:

You don’t want led’s on a murdered out audio system surely :man_shrugging:t2: