All-inclusive monoblock setup around $500? Interesting

Well thats no good, how can you get low frequency signal to the sub ? So DAC>FMOD>AMP>SUB. Only way i can think of is Y-split the signal before the FMOD?

Yes thatā€™s what you would do if you were going to use them, but youā€™d be better off using the subs crossover on the high level input.
But nothing about the system makes any sense if your goal is something that sounds good.

1 Like

What model sub got a high pass filter aside from an emotiva ?

The one in that list does, on itā€™s high level inputs, thatā€™s why it has both an in and an out.
Most reasonably priced and up subs do on one of the 2 inputs.
Quality is usually questionable, but itā€™ll be better than the inline filters most likely.

Itā€™s an experimental idea, I thought such a cheap mono block setup would at least be interesting to some ppl :>

This is the setup Iā€™m actually about to buy:

Temp Sound System - PCPartPicker

I dont know another sub with the high pass filter under $500 on amazon. emotiva but you got to buy direct. bic F12 deftec prosub 800 .

If your going to spend $500 on a speaker system, Iā€™d just buy ~$500 powered monitors, like the Kantos.
Iā€™m not a huge fan of powered monitors generally, but if your OK selling to upgrade, at that price point they are probably your best option.
If you want both headphones and speakers at that price, it gets a lot more complicated.
You want the bulk of your money in the transducers.
Iā€™m assuming the primary function is music.

1 Like

Ohhhh boy Iā€™m gunna spoil you fuckin rotten, BEHOLD~ SUBWOOFER!

Edit: I fucked up, must redo post
edit 2: ok done :>

includes speaker level and line level options, if they have them it all, that means they high pass the speakers right? If it totally just depends on whether they actually crossover and not just having the inputs=crossover then ignore all of this post, oop

AmazonSmile: Rockville Rock Shaker 8" Inch Black 400w Powered Home Theater Subwoofer Sub: Home Audio & Theater

AmazonSmile: Rockville Rock Shaker 10" Inch Black 600w Powered Home Theater Subwoofer Sub: Home Audio & Theater

AmazonSmile: Rockville Rock Shaker 12" Inch Wood 800w Powered Home Theater Subwoofer Sub: Home Audio & Theater

AmazonSmile: BIC America F12 12-Inch 475-Watt Front Firing Powered Subwoofer: Home Audio & Theater

RSL Speedwoofer 10S - RSL Speakers

1 Like

yes, all types of music, and gaming, general multimedia tings

Itā€™s a sff setup for my desk, and the budget is $500 for all my needs until I can really build out a serious system heheheh

Not sure a $130 sub has a high pass filter or is it just a passthrough.

1 Like

it is definitely interesting to consider how many compromises this sub has in order to meet the alleged feature set, someone needs test it and see if it does the classic rockville fire throwing routine on some poor bastard and burns a rockville logo into the carpet

I would not never ever consider those Rockville subsā€¦ the specs alone tellā€™s they are garbage. IN most cases. Subs under 400$ tend to be garbageā€¦ more like ā€œlow mid-bass driversā€.
No actual low end, no detail (just bad rumble) no settings / tuning options and build is like Ikea furniture. Badly rumbling box in some corner.
After the disappointment. You need to buy another one (better one) and thatā€™s more overall costs from what you originally wanted to ā€œsaveā€ with cheapo sub.

Might consider RSL and maybe even BIC if i would look for somethingā€¦ more of a sub.

So much for the audiophile cables and good wiring.
lol. My eyes and audio soul hurtsā€¦ lol when seeing stuff like this. :rofl:

Would be much easier ways to do this. Of course of everything more easy and much, much better is more moneys as always.

Would only need to add ā€œmore subsā€ (amp ā†’ sub ā†’ channel) and drive every channel as ā€œfullā€ to get more low end loudness and bang from every channel.
Or could just install or get ā€œbiggerā€ full range speaker to every channel to play loud and low as well if more subs ainā€™t the way.

1 Like

Pretty much fried my brain trying to get the setup and concluded there is no high pass to the speaker.

1 Like

Those are both under $400 (rsl and bic subs) but i catch your drift lol. Those rockville subs are probably boomy as hell

Itā€™s setup the way zeos used to recommend high passing subs so I instantly knew lol

There is something to be said for dayton audio home subs though, that is the baseline for ā€œnot awfulā€¦ could be a lot betterā€. Bic venturi may be a step up?

Does high pass inputs and outputs automatically give you a high pass filter to the speakers ?

I know for sure deftec BIC F12 yamaha studio and cambridge audio filter out bass frequency on amazon.

Emotiva is direct sale.