(All) Metal Recommendations

Epic heavy metal is a subgenre I listen to a ton of

1 Like

nope, that’s Melodic Death lol great live band though :metal:

Following I have in my head a lot lately but if You would argue that is not really heavy metal, I won’t fight You but like to share non the less:

Next one a bit more depressing xD:

Some Powermetal to pick You up :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

And some Enslaved to round it all up :slight_smile:

5 Likes

…(but gold)

It’s just a sign of the times, going forward in reverse
Still, he who laughs last, is just a hand in the bush. :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw this guy live a few years ago. He was 65, now 68 – and it was an excellent show. Yes, he was in Accept. Yes, I heard him sing “Balls to the wall”. (It was like an Accept “farewell” tour, as in “I’m doing my own thing since 1997 so leave me alone with these songs” lol). I hope to see him sing “U.D.O.” songs one day.

3 Likes

Sure, I’ll drop a few metal recs…

In the “Top 5 Most Represented” thread I just mentioned King Gizzard & The Lizzard Wizard. They do all sorts of genres in the very extensive catalog. Their most recent record sees them doing thrash metal, and doing a bang-up job of it:

In a previous effort, they did a psychadelic-grunge-proggy-garage metal mashup that’s meant to be played on an infinite loop:

Now for something completely different.

How about Austrian-Polish nu metal with band dressed in lederhosen and female lead singer dressed as Swiss Miss? Who wouldn’t love that?:

And to show off their versatility, the same band can make videos with sock puppets!

Now for something else completely different…

This band, Becoming the Archetype, definitely has a religious bent to their lyrics*. If you can excuse that, this is some really fine prog-death metal:

*Truly not trying to proselytize here. Consider the lyrics comment a fair warning if it’s diffcult for you. Their catalog has some really good stuff if you like this style of music. That’s the only goal.

2 Likes

Sock ‘n’ Doll… yeah I know this song :man_facepalming: lol

By the way, this guy… is Madonna’s guitarist.
Like, what the fuck lol.

2 Likes

Kontrust won me over. Hey DJ! was the first song of theirs I was introduced to and my brain spent the whole time trying to figure out how Swiss Miss, lederhosen, a scarecrow, and nu metal all fit together. There one of those bands that don’t take themselves too seriously overall, but will drop a couple tracks on each album where you’re like “hey, you just punched me right in the feels!”

1 Like

Clutch is another really unique band. Sort of stoner groove metal.

3 Likes

♪ For the wooden TV bench with storage space and paper foil
For the pencils and the horse-meatballs we sing Valhalleluja

NANOWAR OF STEEL - Valhalleluja

No metal list is proper without Painkiller by Judas Priest!

5 Likes

This is also one of my favorite metal songs. His high pitch voice isn’t for everyone but oh well.

3 Likes

Anyone else listen to Nekrogoblikon? Of all the metal bands out there, they’ve got my favorite mascot lol

Nekrogoblikon - Powercore

And they just dropped a great and quite different cover of Chop Suey!

Some epic doom metal :metal:

2 Likes

Cleans so good

1 Like

Paul Wardingham does good instrum… “instru-metal” songs.

…but I still prefer Andy James. :smiling_imp: :metal:

2 Likes

Just came across this:

A YT comment pretty well sums it up:

“Okay. There is a prog metal band that writes songs about geological eras. This is a good thing.” - Nick Green

1 Like

Allegaeon are like… I don’t know… extreme metal for sure, and definitely great musicians, singing about science and the universe, mostly.

They’re also not afraid of having fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

LOL that second vid reminds of this nonsense. At least Allegaeon had instruments lol

1 Like