(All) Metal Recommendations

While we’re on the subject of Infant Annihilator…

2 Likes

:metal:

Bands that rely heavily on vocal distortion can be hit or miss for me. I still need some melody and hook in there. These guys carry that with the lead guitar. Good stuff.

2 Likes

Yup. For 100% clean vocals I also discovered Savage Messiah recently.

Yeah I need to buy 1 or 2 Sevendust CDs. :metal:

2 Likes

I picked up the blu-ray for this full concert. Super cool. Great home theater sound demo:

Fireball Ministry is another underrated metal band…

Some doom metal from this year

I’ve been curious to know specifically how doom metal reacts to tubes vs solid state. Wondering if doom metal is suited better with tubes, can you weigh in on this?

entirely dependant on the headphones… that said with the right headphones (eg hd600) metal in general and specifically doom metal sound fantastic to my ears… guitar distortion on a good tube amp is pretty addictive imo and the 3d soundstage tubes are known for lends itself well to the band dynamic… so yes tubes handle doom pretty well however a headphone like the nighthawk carbon on a solid state amp can be pretty sweet too… a warm headphone is the important thing imo… better is objective as always in this game lol

1 Like

Speaking of Doom metal…
Here’s one of my all time favorite music vids

TRIPTYKON - Aurorae

Totally agree. Warmth is key for metal. I also like some treble sparkle, but not too much.

1 Like

LOL I just saw Alestorm’s newest music video XDDDDDDDDD

ALESTORM - Shit Boat (No Fans)

'You better give us all the money in your treasure chest
Or Kristof’s gonna take a shit on your fucking lawn’
Not sure why Kristof Hartmann is in this song lol

1 Like

Eskimo Callboy

1 Like

April 15th 1973
Lead Vocals, Guitar - Al Atkins

2 Likes

Might catch some Flac but i use And Justice for All… to cleanse the palate.

3 Likes

Ice went all in on body count. :slightly_smiling_face:

I havent even listened to the latest album. Will put on my to-do list :d

youtube comment :

"This song is about Eugene Shoemaker. Here is his story.

Eugene Shoemaker was a geologist and a founder of modern planetary science. He studied craters on Earth and Moon, and realized that they were created by asteroid impacts. Shoemaker was the geology principal investigator for Apollo missions, and he also helped to train the Apollo astronauts that went to the Moon. He himself was a candidate for an Apollo Moon flight but was disqualified after being diagnosed with Addison’s disease. Later in life, he said, “Not going to the Moon and banging on it with my own hammer has been the biggest disappointment in life.”

Shoemaker spent much of his later years searching for undiscovered impact craters around the world. He died on July 18, 1997, in a car accident in Australia, where he was studying craters.
In 1999, as a recognition for his scientific accomplishments, some of his ashes were carried to the Moon by the Lunar Prospector space probe. His final resting place is close to the lunar south pole, in the Shoemaker crater, named after him.

The Shoemaker’s urn was inscribed with a quotation from Romeo and Juliet reading:
“And, when he shall die
Take him and cut him out in little stars
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.”

He is the only human buried on celestial body other than Earth. After his death, he finally got to go where he always wanted to be."

Beautiful.

Manson has a new song

Evanescence

3 Likes