Alternative software to Sound Blaster Command/Connect?

I read a post on this but wondering about if any damage to my SB card. I’m using an AE-7 and my Speakers/HP are Logitech 2.1 and Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro. My main uses are Music and gaming on a Windows 10 PC. I’ve always used SB card since the 80’s and was fairly happy with them, for some time ran them through a pioneer surround sound system to speakers and woofer. But now just the AE-7 to HP most of the time.
I’m not happy with the SB software and read about Peace and something I’m wonder is can I use it and leave the Command installed but not running? Or just uninstall it all together. Or is there any other software alts? I know I’ll need to keep the drivers and just change the EQ software but am I missing anything else?

Thx :slight_smile:

If you just need an EQ, Voicemeeter Banana will be overkill, but it gives you a very competent EQ.

I need just a EQ for sound, nothing for mic.

Sound kinda is wrong word here but audio is better.

Voicemeeter Banana is an Advanced Audio Mixer Application endowed with Virtual Audio Device used as Virtual I/O to mix and manage any audio sources from or to any audio devices or applications.

You still get a EQ, that is what you needed right?
Just don’t use it’s input audio (mic) options. :slight_smile: Use the other ones.

Yes an audio EQ is all I was looking for, I don’t need anything for input audio. I saw a post about Peace Equalizer and wasn’t sure it would be better. The main problem I have with SB Command is not being able to adjust balance on my HPs, you can adjust them but when you turn Vol to zero then back up left and right are equal again.

I have been using equalizer APO, but without the PEACE interface (PEACE is an add-on for equalizer APO, as far as I know it’s not a stand alone software).

The equalizer APO software is very powerful, flexible, and once configured to your taste, impacts in real time with no measurable lag (I believe, though I could be wrong, it interfaces at a driver level, altering all processing). Once set and configured, you don’t have to run the software again, it just pushes the settings into windows processing. No need to have the software even start up when you boot the computer. However, I have had some minor issues with it dropping my device if I unplug from USB while the computer is running. This requires a restart of the software to re-configure it to recognize the device again, which will then require another windows reboot. That seems to me the only real downside.

While it isn’t the most intuitive software to learn, it isn’t rocket science either. There are plenty of great tutorials on youtube, and most of the ones that are posted to and dedicated to mic processing are actually quite helpful in teaching you the basics of the user interface which go a long way towards teaching you all you need to use it for audio output.

Thanks for this information!

Also, the AutoEQ project on GitHub has an enormous library of presets you can use as direct inports in Equalizer APO for EQ settings for your headphone. Many models have multiple presets crafted by individual experts, almost all of which are aiming to correct the frequency response curve to closely emulate the 2018 Harmon curve.