Amazing Tolkien-inspired music

Recently found a new group that I just can’t stop listening to. Super nerdy, but so am I, so it works.

They’re called Clamavi de Profundis, and I’m listening to their music based on Lord of the Rings, of all things. Extremely well performed, and I swear, it’s just haunting (which isn’t a term I normally use for music).

Their Song of Earendil just stays in my head all the time even if I’m not listening to it.

Anyway, call me weird, but here are a few favorites:

Now I’m gonna have to go back and reread LOTR…and all of the posthumously published stuff.

4 Likes

Re-reading LOTR is always a good thing.

As you read them sing the songs out loud as you read them. Especially if you’re in public. :grimacing::blush:

• Ho! Tom Bombadil, Tom Bombadillo!
    By water, wood and hill, by the reed and willow,
    By fire, sun and moon, harken now and hear us!
    Come, Tom Bombadil, for our need is near us!*
3 Likes

They should do that one. They would probably find a way to make it sound majestic.

I’m waiting for my daughter to be old enough for me to start reading her Tolkien. We’ll see how that goes.

1 Like

Start with Harry Potter and then slide LOTR into the rotation. That’s how I did it with my girls. :grin::+1::+1:

1 Like

I’ve also heard good thinks about Chronicles of Prydain, though I never read that one.

She just turned 4, so I think I have a while.

1 Like

Clamavi De Profundis is nice.

Another interpretation of “Song of Durin” and some others:

1 Like

I do like some of her stuff. They don’t give me quite the same “I’ve been transported to Middle Earth” feeling, though.

1 Like

Listening to this at the mo…ok it’s not exactly full on Tolkien but uses Tolkien references to tell this classic tale…

PS I’ve visited Tolkien’s grave in Oxford many years ago :+1:

3 Likes