Amazon lossless streaming

Amber Rubarth’s Sessions From The 17th Ward is only available in “Standard” quality, whatever that means.

A lot of the “Ultra HD” tracks are 24/44.1. 16/44.1 is “HD”. Doesn’t the sample rate usually add more to the quality of a recording than bit rate? I’d expect 24/48 to be the minimum for Ultra HD, but what do I know?

I fckn love it especially with that price! I’m using hd6xx paired with ifi nano black label sounds outstanding! The android app is pretty responsive with awesome lyrics features idk what some people complaining about

VS

TIDAL-they don’t a have lot of songs that I want especially kpop and OPM(original pilipino music) genre but Amazon does in HD quality mind you

QUBUZ-the catalog is made for audiophiles not for general consumers its like the music catalog is made for old people imo and the most buggy music app I’d ever used

SPOTIFY - they sound awful tbh

ITUNES - sounds really good for a compressed service but made for ifans…the android music app is trash

GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC-sounds really good the best deal(if you are youtube premium member) before amazon music HD

2 Likes

Something I’m missing in the possible switch from Spotify are the auto-generated playlists and the ability to start build a full playlist based on one song. Found a lot of new music that way. Submitted feedback though the app, we’ll see if anything ever happens.

1 Like

I think the most important thing about Amazon moving in more heavily into this space is to force others to react. In a nutshell competition breeds improvement, personally, I use Spotify for mobile listening (and sometimes at home when i feel lazy) mainly because of the interface and the algorithm for new music (it ain’t perfect but it ain’t half bad)

1 Like

This is great finally just have to pay for one thing. Also prime Music (Not Unlimited) Selection is pretty good now. Making it even more of an enticing move from spotify or tidal.

This is awesome! I love Tidal but if this has all the music i want i will definitely take the savings! I will continue to use Spotify for more general stuff like sharing and new music and such because their UI and algorithms are far superior even though the sound is fairly trash.

This makes me really happy! :smiley: I had qobuz for several months and was just going through a trial for tidal, but I just cancelled that.

Thanks for the heads up, just cancelled my Tidal subscription and saved £204 a year :+1:

I have spent the past 48 hours transferring all of my Spotify playlists and couldn’t find a single “SD” track. Approximately 25% of those were 24 bit / 44.1 kHz (Ultra HD). That is good enough for me. I’m really liking Amazon Music HD. As others have mentioned, competition is great for consumers. And, I get (6) users free for the next 90 days.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT WORK FOR AMAZON

Totally agree. It’s pretty good so far. I haven’t been able to stump Amazon with anything obscure yet. Sometimes they don’t have the full album though. A lot of the stuff I listen to is from smaller record labels, and those are mostly SD.

1 Like

Upgraded to the HD streaming yesterday, and so far really impressed with the quality. I’ve listened on my Galaxy S9 with kph30i and at home and happy so far. Im glad Amazon did this as I already sub to most of their other services. Why? Because they all work well and its nice to have everything in one place. I also dumped my $20 per month Master Quality Tidal account for this, I had to. Took the 90 day trial and only 12.99 montly, Tidal will have to lower its price to compete.

1 Like