Amazon lossless streaming

found this and wanted to share with the community

12,99 with an Amazon Prime account

no mqa is a bummer

1 Like

No mqa really doesn’t matter for me (I would just prefer regular lossless anyway), but I wonder how good the library will be

Interested on what type of release will be on there.
Amazon mastering? Would be interesting for sure.

That would be interesting, I don’t know if that’s on their agenda lol

I haven’t used amazon for streaming for a while, but I remember the library being somewhat limited compared to Spotify and tidal.

Thanks for this. In my opinion, Amazon just won. I’ve been procrastinating with Spotify and finally cancelled this month. I tested Qobuz and Tidal and settled on Tidal yesterday. Their interface is complete garbage. No HiFi tier with Spotify. Qobuz does not have the selection I am looking for.

If Amazon just does “OK”, I don’t see how they can fail. I no longer have to buy a subscription to Tidal and Spotify for my family. Amazon already has a huge selection of devices that work out of the box. I hate to support “Judgement Day” for Amazon devices.

Maybe I am missing something here…

Please let me know.

IDK about can’t fail, because the large population does not care about lossless streaming, but comparing them to other services it has the potential to be good. I just buy lossless copies or cds (or sacd or vinyl or dvd audio the list continues) and don’t really use streaming services, but who knows if it’s good enough I might try it out depending on their library size. That was the main issue with prime video, as their library was not that great compared to netflix or hulu

3 Likes

Looks like the family plan is only $5 more than Spotify. I’m going to start the free trial and see if the library matches up with what I’ve got in Spotify.

would prefer lossless mqa over Spotify

we already used Amazon Unlimited for listening to books+ and the bought CDs from Amazon get immediately updated in the cloud what was important to us before the “unlimited upgrade” and us ripping FLAC files.
Audible for podcasts
I use Tidal Masters mqa (bought my if xDSD for it)
My wife prefers my :)Spotify Premium and it has the best ui + car connect and the app on the smart TV + the remote feature(miss this the most on Tidal)

The moment Spotify features mqa I could cancel most other services.

Can’t tell if there’s a way to lock in the bit and sample rate, but I kept this window open during a song and it changed often from “Standard” to 24/48 and everything between.

It’s because different files have different bitrates, and it seems for this one that the device won’t work properly with 192. So your phone maxes out at 24 bit 48khz so it most likely bounces between 44.1 and 48 with different tracks

Do you have a portable dac/amp you can try?

Edit: also 24 bit 192 khz is alot of bandwith to stream lol

1 Like

Another question I would have is what phone are you using?

I get that. I was just giving a heads up that the audio quality changes during the same song, depending on connection quality.

Sorry I misread what you were saying lol, my bad

1 Like

It’s an LG V20 that isn’t 20 characters long

2 Likes

Well then you should be able to play the higher quality audio then. The lg phones have an excellent dac. You might have to do a bit of messing around

Also do you have the hifi dac turned on in your settings of the lg? In the dropdown menu where the brightness setting is there should be an option called hi-fi quad dac

Listening on Mobius right now with LDAC. I’ll plug something in later. Oh yeah, the quad DAC is the only reason I have this phone.

1 Like

You didn’t buy it for the 2nd screen lol? But tbh I wish I had a v20 so I could have an ir blaster and easily swapable battery

The IR blaster is great for pranks haha

It actually just pranked me! I just found out it repeats the last command given to my SU-8, just by sitting in front of it. Weird.

3 Likes

I’ve never had access to anything higher than 24/48. Since the tracks vary in quality, is there a way to configure my settings in windows 10 so that the track determines my DAC bit and sample rate? Setting it to 24/192 (seemingly the max on Amazon music) creates an odd stuttering effect when playing lower quality tracks.

Optical to SU-8, if that makes any difference.