Amazon Music Lossless Launched @ No Extra PRICE!

Turned mine off…sounds better without on most of my music on IEM playback with a few exceptions, I haven’t written it off totally but let’s see what they can bring to the table when they stop rushing stuff :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Agreed. You make a good point as to the user experience as well. I don’t use IEMs, so my experience is going to be very different from yours. For instance, The Sivga’s are taking to it extremely well. I was having a ball with them last night! And yet your experience with the IEMs… meh. We’ll just have to see how things develop over time.

1 Like

well, I have been sorely disappointed with Amazon’s catalog…though I am being patient / understanding in the hopes I just need to learn what Amazon’s search engine likes for keywords. an example…type Epic in Spotify and you get all sorts of stuff…add a qualifying detail like scores or cello or gaming and it gets more focused. Amazon spits out very little and a lot of it isn’t even relevant. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I must say it’s pretty good for me and was better than Tidal when I had that :+1:

2 Likes

I haven’t tried Tidal since I did like 6 or 7 years ago, it was horrendous and now that they have MQA baked into everything, no interest.

1 Like

@Marzipan I’m with you there. Tidal is now a non-starter because of their MQA bullshit. I had Spotify a while back and it was very good, no real complaints with the service at all. I just think that overall I am enjoying the AMHD and Ultra HD services much better. I realize that the catalog is going to take a while to build up, but so far I have had no issues finding great stuff to listen to. I am perfectly fine with the user interface as well. in fact it seems to be getting better with every update they do.

As for the Atmos/Spatial offerings, we will have to wait and see. Way too early to be drawing any conclusions there. But I am optimistic that it could become something special in the near future. Again, we’ll see. Either way, I’m in. As long as they don’t do something stupid like trying to introduce MQA into the mix, I’m in!

2 Likes

Using Amazon HD too, but like Spotify’s search and UI better. Waiting (still) for them to
release their version of lossless!

2 Likes

That’s my biggest gripe with amhd, I’ll have to really search for the music i want,
It probably is the only real reason I would switch to Spotify hifi for me

1 Like

AMHD’s search is like Leonard’s mother…“You’ll have to be more specific.” :joy:

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for this information because I was looking for similar information, is it possible, but I could not find it, but finally I found, thank you very much for this information, finally there is no price increase

Thank you! This is awesome. I’ve just switched my x-Fi Titanium > JVC MX-J500 (21 y.o.) (classical EQ) => cheapo XBlitz phones from Audio Creation / bitrate playback to Game Mode + CMSS-3D… I actually thought my speakers were playing and panicked because it’s almost midnight in this time-zone and I would hate to disturb my neighbours. And when the bass intensifies I’m getting phantom sensations like my desk and footstool shaking underneath me. Makes me wonder what better phones and a real AMP+DAC could do in my head with this recording.

For the record, I’ve been switching back and forth between Game Mode and Entertainment Mode, and the difference is huge. Either one of them makes the song fully 3D immersive, while the other makes it not bad but much flatter and almost mundane. They just switch places. I think Game Mode was good and Entertainment Mode was bad for Messiah but it was the other way round for Serenade no. 13.

1 Like