Amp/AV receiver less than 30cm Depth with Optic In

Hi All

Hope you are well.

So i have been looking at options and want to know if any know of Amp/AV receiver that is about 25cm in Depth (To leave space at back for cables). With an Optic in.

If there is nothing i might need to go route of a DAC like SMSL M100 into the SMSL SA300.

Any other ideas here guys, floating TV unit I Built is only 30cm deep and not replacing that :rofl:.

There aren’t a lot of receivers that aren’t full size, there are a few smaller ones, but I’m not aware of one from a major manufacturer that’s that shallow.
There are probably stereo amps in that range, but looking at what I have here, that would be tight.
What features are you looking for (number of channels, sub crossover, 5.1 decoding etc).

FWIW The way I solved that problem on my TV system was to go with active speakers, I run Klipsh the Fives from optical out on the TV, and a powered sub from the Fives Sub Out.
But there is no scope for a center channel or surround decoding.

Hi, i am not sure i am to worry about 5 channel, i think a 2.1 would work perfect as i am going to use it 99.9% of time for music only.

I was think SMSL SA300 (Input from SMSL M100/something) and then Jamo S803 and Sub.

But if there was an amp/av receiver that can do Sub(Can finetune that in other ways with Sub with Hi-Level input)Optic and nice clean power into 2 channels that will work in size.

Size really does matter here :rofl: