Ampsandsound Pendant Amplifier

My main dac and preamp in my living room uses nixies to display input, volume, and samplerate, but I would like to see it in cheaper options as well (imo nixies would look pretty sick in the pendant for volume control if they added a stepped volume, to keep this semi on topic lol)

3 Likes

Since you can’t improve the sound any more, then more bling!

Not really a good way to do it cheap, plus the issue with the required driving voltages, and I can’t imagine they are “quiet” noise wise especially if you mutiplex the driver, but you have made me thing, I have a remote control relay volume board here I was going to mess with, plus the drivers and Nixies lying around.

1 Like

You just havent heard the roundness the numbers bring to the sound. Hear the numerals.

Has anyone mated the pendant to an audeze headphone? LCD-2 pre faz?

Asking for a friend

@donjklassen i do not own any Audeze samples but in my very limited experience w/ planars and the Pendant i found that it performed exceptionally well and as my original post states was one of the very pleasant surprises about this amplifier. The ability to roll the 12ax series of tubes allows you to make fine adjustments in power on the amp which will help tailor it to your sound requirements.

Hopefully someone with direct experience Chimes in. If not check out some of the threads on headphones forums and head-fi to see what other folks experienced. Happy listening always!

1 Like

The potential audeze synergy would be icing on the cake really lol been eyeing up the pendant for a bit. Almost bought it with the Aeolus. Pre amp functionality is also an appealing feature.

2 Likes

This is kinda off topic, but I really like the lcd 2.2 pf off the mz3. Not sure how they compare, I think @M0N could give you an idea because he had both, or at least tried the pendant…

1 Like

I think the audeze preform pretty well on the pendant imo, it ends up being a very pleasing combo if you want to lean into the more warmer thicker territory, just very colored but very fun at the same time. For me I might want to do a bit of tube rolling to make sure the pendant doesn’t get overly thick as I personally tend to like the 2.2 pf or lcd 3 pf on a bit more clean source to make sure it doesn’t get overly warm for my tastes, but the pendant doesn’t lean that far with the right tubes to bother me

2 Likes

I honestly thought I’d have to spend a lot more to get a tube amp that plays nice with planars.

I feel like the v200 is a pretty warm thick amp and I do really like it with the lcd-2 so it’s probably okay for me in that sense.

1 Like

I think the pendant is starting to get into the range where you can start to run most planar on there with pretty decent results. The audeze also do tend to play better with tube amps compared to other planars so that helps imo

If you are a fan of that pairing I think you would be just fine

2 Likes

Right when you think you’re done lol

1 Like

The problem lies in thinking you are done lol

5 Likes

I need to just stop saying it lol problem solved.

5 Likes

Welllll…then let me also direct your attention to Decware and their taboo MK IV…:smiling_imp:

https://www.decware.com/newsite/TABOO.htm

Let’s at least give you some more options. Hehehehehe

Edit: FYSA, I enjoy my Decware amps so much that I was planning on sending my 341.5 back in for upgrades and the addition of a HP output BUT set up Specifically with a high Z for my Sennheiser and ZMF cans.

Not knocking my Pendant at all, but just because I can and enough is never enough…

4 Likes

Damn that thing is gorgeous :heart_eyes: any experience with that guy?

2 Likes

Yes, excellent service, Steve adds all sorts of little upgrades until your wallet makes you cry, “NO MORE!”
I participate lightly in his forums. Boutique items made for 25 years with the same philosophy and style and we are a small cult following. Nothing is perfect but these hit well above their price range because he is able to only sell direct from in-house.
Each of his pieces I own are winners in their own right and your ears will be the judge.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely pump the brakes do some research and enjoy my BHC for now but this thing seems really sweet :+1:

1 Like

I used to have one of those, was very very nice with the audeze, they actually kinda tuned that amp in mind for the prefazor audeze from what I know lol, was a really enjoyable combo

4 Likes

I noticed mention of the lcd-2 specifically on the webpage which is pretty cool.

I know the Aeolus isn’t your fav but did you get a chance to pair the two? Or other zmf’s?

1 Like