šŸ”¶ Andover PM-50

:thinking: yeahā€¦ lol
(Atticus graph)

Ok sorry, now back to the PM50s.

Another review is up on the headphones by Andrew Park(Resolve Reviews/The HEADPHONE Show)

Thatā€™s for sharing. I donā€™t think I could handle as much treble as the author seems to want. This is the first review Iā€™ve heard describing the PM-50 as dark, too.

Iā€™m surprised causeā€¦ they are actually dark tuned lmao Treble descends pretty good especially in the upper highs. That plus the lower bass being under neutral gives it a rather weird sound honestly. Not bad but more unique.

That dark tuning is probably what caused zeos to go on bout it sounded Veiled

Personally I still like the headphone at around the $350 or less range. If you are agreeable to the tuning, it is still not a overall bad planar in comparison to the others at that tier. I still use it often when going on runs and doing work around the house.

I just still find it incredibly hard to recommend to anyone at their current tag of $500. Just when you have a lot of choices new and used from the likes of the Avias, Sundara/Edition XX, LCD 2, Aeon Flow, Verum, ect. Man they just become really hard to fight for.

Thatā€™s fair. And youā€™re right, that market segment is crowded with yet another new player coming in soon: Helm Audio - Another Startup w/ $400 Planar

1 Like

They would do well to be wary of zeos lol

2 Likes

You see what DMS did to the Thieaudio Phantom? Thereā€™s no safe space.

1 Like

lol no I didnā€™t I gotta go see that one now. I thought the thieaudio was well recieved just dark kind of like an audeze

1 Like

A lot of people loved it after some basic modding. A lot of other people liked it. DMS, however, went straight up hitman. Thing is still bleeding.

2 Likes

So you havenā€™t seen the Zeosā€™s PM-50 review utter massacre

1 Like

ā€¦sighā€¦

This is why I donā€™t watch reviewers anymore.

I did watch that. Did he describe them as dark? He went on most about their congestion and muddiness, and then said all the Andover employees are greedy scheisters pretty much. Brent Butterworth and a pro musician he brings in to help review headphones at times described them as being a bit too sibilant. I think @Pr3ssAltF4 compared them closely to Sundara, which is brighter.

Equivalent technicalities (tradeoffs still exist), exceedingly different tunings and presentations.

PMs are midrange to the max where sundaras maintain neutral to maybeee a slight V. Stage is intimate on PMs, where stage is ā€˜broadā€™ on Sundaras. I believe the PMs have significantly better layering and separation, but lose airiness and space.

Sundaras lack musicality but sound clean af. PMs lack the bright technical cleanliness but sound musical af.

Detail is similar, dynamics are similar, response is similar, but intent in design is different.

If that intent is not for you (as it is a very not ā€˜audiophileā€™ tuning) then thatā€™s fine. I happened to prefer the PMs for their musicality, as the Sundaras sounded lackluster af to me (after hearing the gear I now have). Clean, but with no soul to be found.

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha.

Iā€™m sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ok letā€™s please not turn this into gif spam thanks (I know where this is headed)

4 Likes