Any EmpireEars fans here?

Any EmpireEars fans here? I’m a definite fan boy owning a few pairs of customs and my new Odin Universals

1 Like

64 Audio fan here, but I have always been intrigued by Odin. What are your impressions on them?

So I am kind of an Empire Ears fanboy. I ended up becoming an artist with them since Im a session musician for artists and in the film musicians union (I play the sounds of impending doom). So I have their Zeus xrs and the Zeus R with Adele among my lineup. I absolutely love their imaging and airyness, the height and width of the soundstage was also something that always stood out with Empire Ears over the usual pro monitors I.e. JH labs, Ultimate Ears, shure, 64 audio, Westone, Perfect Seal etc. What initially got me into the Odins were that they seemed like the Zeus with similar tuning but with a bit more bass slam. I was pretty much sold after auditioning them for about 30 min on my AK Kann. Since I didn’t plan on using them for work and more for pleasure I really wanted them to be up to par. I am currently running them through a Chord DAVE and through a Apex Audio Teton Amp and my god man are they great. I found the treble to be just a tad forward on the Kann and through my hugo2 or my Desktop listening station all that forwardness disappeared. The Mids are just a hair forward while all the BA timbre can’t even be distinguished. The Sizzle is spectacular with no harshness. The best in my opinion is the bass and that’s just right for my taste. Not too much like the legend X but just right to give a good slam across all genres of music. Where they really standout is the imaging and soundstage. I got the same Wow factor I had the first time I heard when Jack gave me the Zues to try. I now only run them with Tubes and it’s not so much for any warmth or change in sound signature but for what ever reason their is just this sense of emotion with them. It’s hard for me to put into words what it does but god I can’t get enough of it. I personally think they are the single best IEMS I have ever heard. I have spent so much time at audio shows listening to high end speakers, Headphones and Iems and I would say this trumps just about everything I have heard to date. It’s like I got my Tekton Encores in my head but somehow they are better??

Sorry if this sounds more like ramblings . I want to say they are 99% perfect. 1 percent for the price but if you got the cash Hang Dong and grab these (if you enjoy reference tuning) I promise you that you won’t be disappointed.

1 Like
2 Likes

I already reached out to my artist rep for these. Can’t wait enough for them. I heard a prototype and was immediately sold

1 Like