Anybody here using Dolby Access?

never knew about it until I read this on Verge:

Dolby Access allows you to run Dolby Atmos through your headset or headphones. I use it to customize my audio based on the task I’m doing (gaming, music, movie-watching, etc.) — and yes, you can hear the difference.

It’s shockingly good for certain things. It was the first eq I used to set a baseline for my balanced 990s to find the sound I wanted and then built of off that and I found the balanced music setting to be pretty good for…music, balanced movie for…you guessed it, movies. gaming performance mode is pretty good as well. Bitrate suffers a bit but for anything other than analytical listening it’s honestly way better than I ever thought it would be.

And that site you linked said it’s $15 a month which is wrong. It’s $15 once and their license is good for up to 10 windows PCs or xboxes

1 Like

In HT world.
If you already have a gear / device that supports Dolby Atmos, you can use the software for free.
(possibly even without, after the setup phase is done?)
Use headphones from that device and play.
It’s of course possible without the software but more options from source device.

I’ve recently gotten into Dolby Access as Tidal recommended using it with their mastered tracks.
When playing music, I noticed the sound stage opens up when Atmos is on. With headphones the stage wraps further around my head and on my 4.1 speaker setup the stage connects between the the front and rear speakers and music becomes so flawlessly three dimensional. Home theatre is where this software shines the most imo. The best part, my hardware (receiver, speakers) aren’t Atmos capable (stated as a requirement) and yet the software works its magic rather well. Now I just need that darn surround sound decoder Zeos was ranting about last week so i can run every channel at 24/192khz lol

For movies and gaming, it’s a perfect surround sound software. The demo videos on Dolby Access show off the potential so well.