Anyone else stoked that Tool is on Spotify now?

In the time since they released their last album (2006) they have skipped over the ipod generation. There is a large group of people out there that never even experienced Tool because they never experienced CD’s. I really get that they want their art to be listened to in the delivered form: an album. Not cut up singles wedged between other things. Many songs wouldn’t make as much sense from a lyrical standpoint when separated from their accompanying tracks. But it does give a lot more people a chance to discover them. There are going to be a lot more than 10,000 lucky ones today.

1 Like

I pre-ordered the CD. The last two albums had some cool fancy Alex Grey art gimmicks that made them a fun novelty. This one is supposed to have a video screen with an 80 minute movie if I read the site correctly on the first pre-order day.

2 Likes

The new TOOL album is great, but is anyone noticing some strange noise artifacts like clipping or compression in some of the heavier drum parts of the album? Particularly at 12:50 in 7empest and for about 30 seconds after or so it is really present.

This is the main beauty in buying physical muscial form! The artwork is a much underrated piece of the craft that I love to peruse while the album is playing on my machine for the first time.

Don’t get me wrong, I stream A LOT but keep them special few on my shelf for an emersive listening session.

Shame about the faded cover art from the damn sun!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think that was probably a stylistic choice and intentional. I highly doubt that was an error, because it’s pretty easy to pick up on

The artwork is much darker on this one. I went to Amoeba Music in LA because I happened to be passing through on my way home, and found a DVD audio version of 10,000 Days. It has the same style cardboard folding case as the original CD. 3d glasses and all, but the artwork is much different. Not Alex Grey stuff, but a bunch of insects and darker looking stuff. I feel like the extra price of the special edition Fear Inoculum is worth it. There is a lot in there. I’m still listening through the album. I’m about to start my 4th listen now.

Spotify is decent when you spot the righty stuff. Other spotify like streaming services are fine. Tidal, q
obuz, Amazon music, deezer, spotify, tidal, YouTube,spotify. Just fine