Anyone have experience with the little bear b4x?

It’s a nice feature to have should you ever decide to dip your toes in the water. Besides, you’ll probably still get better quality from a desktop amp, and you can actually get full tube. Still gotta say though, I do love this damn thing.

I’d say the biggest drawback to using a B4 / B4x on a desktop is that you can’t charge and use the thing at the same time. That means you’ll be using them for 4 hours at a time, plugging it in to charge for 2 hours, and going back to listen for 4 hours. The B4x sounds good though with my 6xx.

*Edit - typos

1 Like

That is a valid point. The B4 I have only lasts 4-5 hours, and is unusable while charging.

Yeah that does kinda suck. Wonder why they did that. Must have been a cost saving

If you want a pretty sweet portable tube, check out the Oriolus BA300S

Pricing seems a bit all over the place

About 350 is what I think it typically goes for. But it’s a sweet amp for iems when I heard it, haven’t heard it off of a pair of headphones though

How come no one ever talks about the little bear anymore. Even I. 2022 for $100 it’s still a hellva amp.

Cause the need for portable tubes isn’t that big maybe :thinking: or it’s conspiracy of the anti tube Establishment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That’s a shame as Hybrid Tube amps work real nice with the new crop of Planar IEM’s…folks missing out :+1:

1 Like

Yeah but if I hear the ringing of my tube amp when a truck drives nearby I can’t imagine that a probable tube amp will be that great, otherwise a tube for a desktop is always a good idea :grin:

Yup, I still love mine. Battery life ain’t great, and I’d appreciate to be able to charge it with something more ubiquitous, some variety of USB for instance; but they’re my only complaints. Great amp.

Lol definitely the conspiracy but I’d argue the portable tube amp like this is a stepping stone to something like cayins DAPs or amps that are exponentially more expensive.

They definitely make my planars sing nicely.

1 Like

Made this thread asking about this amp so long ago, totally forgot about. But apparently that desire fir a portable tube amp never went away for me because I’ve had a Woo audio Wa8 for some time now.

Well that is on the other end of the price spectrum :laughing:

1 Like

Same I have a Cayin C9 coming.

1 Like