Anyone listen toKef LS50 Meta

Hey,

Has anyone had a chance to listen to the new LS50 Metas? If so how did you feel they performed?

link?

what does Kef say is different about them vs. their previous LS50’s?

these would explain why the originals and wireless were being cleared out at such good pricing earlier.

They use special metamaterials and a patterned absorber to absorb a lot of the internal resonance of the cabinet.
The interesting thing is there has been no price increase between the olda nd new versions

1 Like

SHHH! that’s a good thing, so don’t give them ideas!

1 Like

According to Steve Guttenberg, they didn’t want to raise the price

2 Likes

that’s good. I get that there is inflation…but without the corresponding wage increases, fewer and fewer will be able to afford them, which is probably why they didn’t raise the price. in our current economic situation, a lot of people have very little in the way of disposable income…and the LS50 weren’t exactly cheap to begin with, to be honest.

I hope an updated LSX comes out shortly! :slight_smile:

There is a new LS50 wireless called the LS50 Wireless 2 made with the same meta materials actually

1 Like

Lots of marketing terms and product boosting.
Still only being a LS kef.

I think something is lost in translation…I don’t quite get what you’re saying.

I can wait and give you time to figure it out.
I’m still curios, how long it will take. lol

The Meta material is used to control resonances above 600hz. It’s a disc that’s used to dissipate the back wave of the tweeter. I haven’t heard it so I don’t know if/how much difference it makes.

It’s the disc on the bottom of the speaker here (looks like a maze):

meta

1 Like