Anyone with experience with both XDuoo TA-01b and TA-20?

I have owned the XDuoo TA-01b for about 5 months and love it so far. I am using HD600s and crave warmth.
If I love the TA-01b, any idea if I will love the TA-20 more? Anyone have experience with both? Does it help expand soundstage? Is it warmer? Worth the upgrade?

Thanks for your input!

I think it is worth the upgrade because I think the hybrid implementation is better in the ta-20, along with the better amp. It’s just a bump in sound quality imo. Although the ta20 has no integrated dac, so the ta10 would be better if you needed a dac too.

If you want better warmth and more tube sound, stepping up to a full tube amp, not a hybrid may be beneficial to you

Can’t speak to the XDuoo TA-01b but one of the main advantages in moving up to the TA-20 is a clear wider sound stage since it has two separate paths. If it’s just “warmth” you’re looking for have you tried changing the tubes on the TA-01b? I’ve seen a marked difference in the type of sound available from the handful of experimental ebay tubes I bought for the TA-20. Found this chart to be very helpful. image

1 Like

Any recommendations on a full tube amp that is similarly priced?
Thanks for the feedback!

The darkvoice 336se is a great place to start imo, as its a pretty nice amp for a good price.

If you can find a Massdrop x Eddie Current ZDT Jr., that’s also a great amp

1 Like

Darkvoice 336se is a good one in that sub 300 dollar price range. For something a little better and pricier, I’ve heard good things about the Eddie current ZDT JR.

1 Like

This is very helpful, thanks. I feel it can be extremely overwhelming trying to roll tubes. I am also wanting to experiment with upgrading my HD600 to balanced hence the question about the TA-20.

It also depends on the amp though, so make sure to look around for what people have changed to on that particular amp, because certain tubes don’t necessarily sound the same on different amps. I would recommend also buying different tubes at once so you can compare and see what they do

I wound up buying two pairs of these. I bought a pair and liked them so much I bought a second just as a back up since I don’t know what the life expectancy of the tubes will be. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sylvania-12AU7A-PLATINUM-GRADE-Preamp-Tubes-Matched-Pair-ECC82-6189/161760603956?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

What were you looking for sound wise? Clarity? Bass? Thicker/more syrupy sound?

And what did they give you?