Anyone with the first-hand Fearless Audio S8F experience?

You made a good decision. S8F is more in my alley more V shapped, Roland being flatter and with recessed treble is not my thing. As I said I could use even more treble on S8F but I’d rather EQ it than blindly spend another couple of hundreds for FH7 or T800.
I haven found genre that doesn’t work with S8F, from EDM, metal, rock, classical, Instrumental, vocal… Everything sounds great, but you have to give it good recording and source. They seal perfectly, even with stock tips isolation is amazing, outside with moderate volume I can’t hear traffic at all. Cable is not the best but it can do until there is enough funds for a proper one. So another 100-200 for a upgrade cable and that’s it, endgame for me.

1 Like

LOL I keep seeing you in all of the posts. It’s like the FH7s are haunting you. Lol just do it :joy: … I feel like you’re always going to wonder! Lol but I honestly think it’s just what you’re looking for! The sound is so full without sacrificing detail. And the sub bass is awesome!!! :raised_hands:t6: Do it, my friend! You deserve it!

2 Likes

Yep reckon the FH7 is the way to go for me lol… I’ll see if there are any deals going Friday if not i’ve got a discount voucher to use for them anyhow :+1:

2 Likes

I’m excited for you! Lol

Cheers so am I :smiley: i’ve faffed about for so long trying to decide between the S8F and the FH7, now i’ve made up my mind to go with the FH7’s I thought an extra couple of days wait to see what happens Black Friday/Cyber Monday discount wise ain’t no biggie :+1:

3 Likes

If it comes down to it and you can’t make the choice, flip a coin or something lol, I don’t think you would go wrong with either and the hard part of deciding would be done for you :wink:

I was gonna do paper, rock, scissors with the misses, one of us being the FH7’s and the other the S8F lol…
I do prefer the look of the S8F but the DD of the 7’s kinda swung it for me plus when #progdvd mentioned about adding a couple of db to the treble that’s a no no for me, if he had said he needed to reduce it by a couple then this would’ve been a plus for me…yes I know it’s all personal preferences at the end of the day but I do like my treble :+1:

I greedily was hoping you chose the Shoeur Tapes just because they seem treble happy. It seems like we have similar taste in music from your Listening Tonight thread so I was curious to hear your take. That said, I own the P1s and am “meh” when it comes to them so I don’t know why it would matter in any case. I’m not a big iem guy, so I guess I should thank you for saving me a potential purchase by choosing the FH7s

1 Like

I’ll let you know what I think of them next week :+1: also I think it was Zeo’s who said he liked the fh7’s with the treble filter in place? at least the filters offer me some minor tuning possibilities if I I’m not 100% down with the sound of the stock balanced ones…we’ll see lol.

PS with the P1’s it’s paramount that you get a banging fit with your chosen tips otherwise they do sound thin and meh.

Ha, that Zeos guy he likes everything, can’t trust him.There’s a also positive review on FH7 by soundnews on YT, I almost bought it after I watched it but I was afraid they may have some sibilance which I hate (that awful peak at 2-4k), so I went with S8F after all. I hope this is not the case with Fiios flagship, I hope FH7 are the ones you’re looking for.
Waiting for impressions :+1:

1 Like

I’ve done loads of research review wise on the FH7’s…

and mostly they’re all good including our Zeos lol…Would love to hear the S8F and FH7’s back to back though :+1:

When is your pair arriving?

2-4 working days they said :crossed_fingers:

Just checked they’ve not been dispatched yet so hopefully Wed/Thurs?

10K? on BGGAR’s review/graph there’s no awful 2-4K peak?

I didn’t say that FH7 has that peak I don’t know I hope not cause I’m considering it, just that usually lots of Chi-fi has it and I hate it.
That’s why for example I like 30$€ Blon BL03 more than 130$€ BQEYZ Spring 1.
Blon is amazing :+1:

1 Like

Love my 03’s too :+1:

I used the S8F for about 6 months and really liked them, except I always had a bit of background hiss, even with my Fiio M11. I sold them after getting a Fearless Lancelot (6BA, 2 Estat) for a really good price. Due to the higher impedance of the Lancelot, no more hiss problem on the M11. The S8F has a more pleasant tuning IMO, the Lancelot sounds more neutral, with the bass not sounding boosted, where as the S8F bass quantity is just about perfect (slightly elevated).

Treble detail on the Lancelot is just crazy. When I want something to sound more relaxed in the detail department I grab my Blon BL-03. I have a pair of Tin T4’s on the way, which will likely share that role.

It looks like progdvd is using a GUCraftsman cable from Aliexpress…I have one of their MMCX cables the build on those feels stellar.

In the detail spectrum, there are options with melt your brain detail, like the Tin P1 or Shuoer Tape (or on the full size headphone front, Sendy Aiva or Blon B20). With great detail that isn’t fatiguing, the S8F is great. The Lancelot can be a tad fatiguing while the brain tries to process all the detail. I think a related aspect is the relative transience of notes. Kind of like using pedals on a piano to get a chord to stick around a while, the detail oriented IEMs can sound too fast sometimes, and something like the Blon BL-03 with smoother signature and a bit of detail smear can sound quite relaxing in contrast.

2 Likes

My Fearless SF8s shipped from Linsoul on Tuesday after ordering the 11th of November. I cannot wait to get them in my ears!

1 Like

Indeed Gu.Craftsman 6n occ copper but SE.
Next is balanced Electro acousti 8 core combo 1% gold + 99% pure silver + 7n OCC Litz.
Top recommendation on the other forum. A bit pricey but i believe very well worth the price.
Being really satisfied with the performance of S8F and Blon 03 with ES100 I’m basicly selling my other iems and dacs. So I could fund new cable and maybe M11. But now that you said about S8F and M11 hiss issue… errrr I dont know we’ll see.

Have you got a link to the cable? Thanks!