🔶 Apos Caspian

Very efficent headphones (Grado’s, Cascades, etc.) sound even more awesome with the Violectric V220 amp. I would also be curious about the iFi Pro iCAN. I have HAC connectors in all my amps. Just keeps things simple. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the confirmation! :+1:

1 Like

Have you ever tried these headphones with angled pads?

No sorry I do not own any. I only have a few beyerdynamic dekoni pads

1 Like

No problem, I have 2 pairs of ZMF Oval Pads. One in Cowhide and the other in Suede. Based on Sandu’s video, their cup shape should fit nicely with the oval pads.

That being said, I hope the Suede pads will reproduce the same results you had with the Brainwavz Velour.

But first, I gotta buy these :sob:

I have tried a pair of ZMF oval cowhides, and it leaves a gap on the skinny side of the pads. There is no side to side movement with this headphone.

1 Like

Good to know! I also have Dekoni Choice Leather & Choice Suede on hand. i’ve been pad rolling for my Yamaha HPH-MT5s for a hot minute, 'til I settled with the ZMF Cowhides.

Thankfully I’ll have more uses for these pads I’ve piled up indeed :joy:

Nobody has any new updates? No new buyers? Do our present owners have any more thoughts to post?

Even more curious about them now.

Me too. Things went quiet kinda quick. Makes me wonder…

The only thing I wanna say is I really like this headphone. They’re like the mod house argons but with a more natural tonality. That is when you swap the pads to some brainwavz velours.

2 Likes

That’s what I want to hear! :+1:

I love my LSA HP-2’s and would love to try an open back Kennerton, although I know these are not tuned like a Kennerton.

If I’m being honest, I would like to see these at 450 with the flow cable. I don’t know if this is a 500 dollar set. Although looking at them a bit deeper the build looks nice. Seems like nice materials are being used.

OK, 475… :rofl:

1 Like

I think $500 is fine, but if they do even a 10% off over the holidays I think I will grab myself a pair.

So I will share a few of my own thoughts with this headphone. First off if you are looking for something fun with decent low end then this does a pretty good job.

If you enjoy vocals then this may not be for you as It’s mids will seem a little recessed. It comes across as a slight V-shaped in it’s sound. It’s soundstage is maybe average but has good depth as in the performance is playing out in front of you. (Vocals will sound just a bit closer than the rest of the instruments) The highs are decent in that they are not fatiguing in anyway. But some might still be left wanting more.

I would say if you own something say like a Hifiman Sundara and you are looking for a bit more low-end and are willing to loose some sound stage… then this might be ok to recommend. But I am not sure they are a huge step up in this comparison. More of a different direction on how they present the music and what genres you are into would probably be the deciding factor here.

Also do note they have a bit of strong clamp force out of the box. I had to do a bit of bending on the headband and let it sit overnight stretch over a box.

1 Like

Wow, you do not make them sound like a very attractive option.
I got rid of my Sundara’s long ago.

The favourites in my current line up are; Grado GH2’s, Focal Elex’s, CFA Cascades, HiFiman HE6se V2’s and now LSA HP-2’s.

Yea I own the HE6se V2’s as well… I would say you are good there. If you want to maybe try a different “flavor” of headphone then maybe check them out? Otherwise the HE6se V2’s are better in every other way when it comes to soundstage, imaging and technicalities.

1 Like
3 Likes

what was the TLDW; of Z’s review?

Sounds different, not much soundstage no peaky treble, more warmth but cheap wood and Tankstar like headband
So even z isn’t Sure it’s worth 500

2 Likes

Just tried out a pair of Shure 1840 pads on these and this is imo the best sounding. Much more clarity now. Bass is tighter as well. Its sound signature is what I would consider neutral to the harman target.

Unfortunately the Shure pads are as thin as the stock ones so my ears touches the ear cups a little but I haven’t had any discomfort yet after about an hour of wearing them. Maybe I got used to it.

Right now they’re my favorite that I currently have.

1 Like

The bass of this headphone is really good. I find male vocals to be really good while female vocals also sound good and slightly relaxed depending on where there vocal range is. I really like how smooth the treble is on this headphone because its detailed without being harsh. The tuning of this headphone is overall engaging and fun

3 Likes