🔶 Apos x Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Refine

This is the official thread for the Apos x Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Refine Headphone

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: Yes
  • Open Back

:red_circle: Apos Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

4 Likes

I’ve got a pair of these ordered and hopefully it will be in the first batch. Power requirements look the same, and hope they reduced the bass distortion. Original hit 1,000 ohm in the bass region, so I’ll take them for a spin with a heavy hitter amplifier without EQ before doing a review.

2 Likes

The Apos x Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Refine is available to order:

$299 ($50 cheaper than the original ATH-R70x)
US and Canada exclusive.
Limited to 1000 units.
New black & gold look.
Brand-new Audio-Technica designed velour ear-pads.
“Warmer, deeper, fuller sound”
Same ole 470Ω, 98dB/mW sensitivity, and max. 1000mW@1kHz power input, and 7.04oz weight!

Apos is also offering a whole bunch of bundle discounts, what they are calling the R70x Refine Ecosystem:

List excluding photos

$435 Apos x Z Reviews Magia cable bundle ($50 discount)

$346 ZMF Caldera hybrid ear-pad bundle ($40 discount)

$328 ZMF Ori perforated lambskin ear-pads bundle ($38 discount)

$449 NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety (limited brass knob edition) bundle ($50 discount)

$359 TOPPING DX1 bundle ($40 discount)

$341 SMSL SU-1 MQA Audio DAC bundle ($39 discount)

$350 Antlion ModMic Uni 2 bundle ($10 discount)

$370 Antlion ModMic USB 2 bundle ($20 discount)

$420 Antlion ModMic Wireless bundle ($20 discount)

$435 Apos x Z Reviews Magia cable bundle ($50 discount)

$346 ZMF Caldera hybrid ear-pad bundle ($40 discount)

$328 ZMF Ori perforated lambskin ear-pads bundle ($38 discount)

$449 NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety (limited brass knob edition) bundle ($50 discount)

$359 TOPPING DX1 bundle ($40 discount)

$341 SMSL SU-1 MQA Audio DAC bundle ($39 discount)

$350 Antlion ModMic Uni 2 bundle ($10 discount)

$370 Antlion ModMic USB 2 bundle ($20 discount)

$420 Antlion ModMic Wireless bundle ($20 discount)

There are also other products that you can bundle the R70x Refine with. Not all are listed under Apos’ webpage. Just reach out to them via email ([email protected] or [email protected]).

The links above are affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from it. You support me at no added cost =)
I was not paid to make this post, nor did Apos Audio send it to me. I composed it based on Apos’ website, and some information that was shared on the Head-Fi thread.

1 Like

We’re awaiting your impressions :wink:
You pulled the trigger quite fast!

1 Like
1 Like

The first person to make nice aftermarket cables with a matching color scheme for those is going to make a fucking killing.

I got a custom cable for them. I used FogCityAudio but places like Hart audio works as well

I just got some affordable balanced 4.4mm cables in today. The refined version should be here Thursday depending on UPS. They’re in California so it’s a trip by UPS ground. The original hit 1,000Ω in the bass region, so I’m going to pull out either the SMSL H400 or Topping A70Pro with a 5 volt DAC to make sure they’re fully powered to do a review on them.
They use the same cables as the original, so really easy to find. The Aurorus Australis is coming this week, which I’ll compared to the DCA Aeon Closed back here. I’ve got some to compare this to in the same price range, the Hifiman Ananda Stealth Version 3, Aune AR5000, and to compare power needs, the Hifiman HE6se 50 ohm (v3). I don’t have test equipment except a stereo mic I use to check channel balance. Will spend a day without eq to find out and report how they sound out of the box.

My r70x Refines got here today so if anyone has any questions let me know. But so far these sound great ive mostly been using them on the TA 66 OTL tube amp and so far genre wise Jazz and hip hop sounds amazing I need to do some more testing with EDM and whatnot. I used them on the A90D as well with balanced but the tube sounds better IMO

2 Likes