Apparently, I'm a static electricity generator

Let’s just say I’ll be more careful now, and “ground” myself before touching my audio equipment.

I can see you walking around with a hat that has an antenna that goes to the ceiling to keep you grounded everywhere you go, LoLoL!

1 Like

Copying here.
(From another thread – No, I don’t have sundaras, no, I did not kill poor, innocent headphones. :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

do you wear a lot of 100% cotton? or thermals? or “breathable” sports wears? i find all of those generate a lot of static. also do you wear slippers/shoes in the house? the rubber soles will help you to retain more static energy.

multiple layers of clothing will also generate more static.

2 Likes

Personally… I find all this shocking!!

3 Likes

images

5 Likes

I remember a thing awhile back like years ago in an old science class I did ages ago where we held this electric ball and put ur finger near a running tap and the water would move. And it moved slightly when some did it, but when I did it the water nearly moved 90 degrees haha. So i know some people defo conduct alot more than others.

2 Likes

Welcome to my life. RIP my Schiit products :’(

Cloth chair on carpet with a desk covered by a mouse pad, dry weather, and no unpainted metal nearby. I wonder why I have a problem lol

1 Like

well…they were Schiit… :wink:

perhaps we can market ankle grounding rods? a bendy piece of wire connected to a ring you secure on your ankle.

/me starts reading reports of ground lightning events killing hundreds at a time… :rofl:

3 Likes

Yea man. The happiest day in the last month has been getting my Geshelli stuff and not having the problem at all anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

Monolith LP also doesn’t have the issue…grounding problems with the Schiit/JDS cases maybe?

When I have to count “properly grounded electronic equipment” and “not static sensitive” as a plus >.>

2 Likes

You have to say this one right and sound just like Doc Brown.

One point Twenty-One JIGGAWATTS!!