Apparently there is now a BLON BL-07

Yes I am a huge Blon fan…and my desire to see a proper 03 substitute is huge…alas no luck thus far!

1 Like

I expect whoever does the Audio Hekili will land closer to BL03 tuning before Blon.

So in conclusion everyone, we should stick to the BLON BL-03 or the the BLON BL-05S, I think so far those 2 are the only best that I bought from BLON and looks like they are not going to able to produce a hit anytime soon. Time to get the Tin HiFi T3 Plus as an alternative then because it has been a while ever since I got a new and great product from them.

3 Likes

I’m working on this, right now

3 Likes

I am looking forward to your input, for it will help a lot to have a different conclusion than everyone. Appreciate your work as always.

1 Like

Going for this.
1st beta is on the way. $49 price tag :musical_note:

9 Likes

Another colab?

:eyes:

3 Likes

When I read that, I went nah.

I assumed you meant it, but Mele was already a faster, fixed Bl-03. By the time I scrolled down here, you have target graphs, and a prototype model number, and a test model on the way.

I have not tried the 05S, but I have heard good things. Some folks seem to like the Prometheus too, but it is hit or miss with people, depending on if you like the extra energy in the treble, and there is plenty.

Yes the T3+ is very good, it is a basically a slightly brighter version of the Mele. This one I bought after the right reviewers come out with hard recs on it. I have to say it is one of the best under $100, and my mood can determine if I rank it or Mele 1 or 2 in that price range ( I recognize that Olina might force some reranking ).

2 Likes

Two reviews on the 07… Made by me…one a STD review and the other a video on how to modify the 07

4 Likes

The BL-05S is not great imo. The bass is overdone, slow and bleeds into the mids. The pinna gain slope is too steep and it makes all the vocals in your face. Treble is good however.

I was recently given BL-03 and BL-05 by a kind person on Discord. I don’t like the BL-03, too warm and recessed mids.

However the BL-05 is pretty good. Not sure why all the reviews were bad about it. Less bass equals less mud. Treble is still great. It is versatile but mostly suits classical music because of the gain area but for the price it is a good performer. It has a better soundstage than the Oxygen so it has a place in my collection.

I believe that BLON has good drivers but it was always let down by the tuning (except for 03 and 05).
Now HBB collad, I’m looking.

This looks great, like a baby EJ07M…
Please please ask Blon to include a better cable that their standard black abomination

1 Like

Everything is a collab.

Just wait for Moondrop x Szymon Crackfield

1 Like

With a giant dip at 3kHz

2 Likes

Interesting, to me the BLON BL-05S are exactly what the default BLON BL-05 should be. It really gives you an interesting perspective when it comes to other people’s output that is completely different than yours.

1 Like

The graph will be a flat line from 80Hz to 20kHz, with a giant sub-bass roll-off because bass is evil :wink:

2 Likes