Apparently there is now a BLON BL-07

I think some of you might already know this and I apologize if you do already know, but for me I just recently saw this in our local online shop for I have not been up-to-date lately on the newest IEMs this year.

Design wise, I think they are better and clean, an improvement over the BLON BL-05’s design in my opinion since the design of the BL-05s (the non-S) for me is a bit generic. I wonder if the sounds BL-07s are much better than its predecessors, since so far in my opinion, the BLON BL-03 is still unbeaten for its price along with the BLON BL-05S if we are talking about the sounds you get from either two.

3 Likes

Interesting…
Today I was listening some music with the Blon Bl 03, and I was thinking how great they are for their price.
The tuning is perfect for my taste. Some jazz instruments (trumpets) usually sound too piercing to me. These make them sound just right. And the timber is so spot on, everything sounds like it should sound, without timber coloration. A violin is a violin, not a violin played over a specific material. Some headphones sound more metallic, other more woody, plasticky… The Blon, for whatever reason, sounds really just right. They are bassy, but it is the correct timber, on a bassy note. It’s difficult to describe…

The driver has its limitations, in particular on detail, speed, texture on the bass…

They must have a fuck ton of money from the BL03… I might give them a second chance. Waiting for reiviews. I did not like the Bl 05 reviews…

2 Likes

Same.
I went around and test out my friends’ sets like Tin T2 Plus, Some KZs, Arias and still come back to my Blon 03s everytime.
There’s some magic in their timber which feels so right as you have mentioned.

2 Likes

If there is a time for me to get these, I will give the BL-07s a try but for now the Moondrop Kato which I will be receiving this week or next week, will be the last purchase that I will ever make for IEMs, and so far it is going to be my most expensive IEM that I have purchased and I want to save up again.

1 Like

Is this the official thread for BL-07? First review I’ve seen: Crystal, clear, sound. | Blon BL-07 | Unboxing & Review - YouTube.

Pretty positive review!

1 Like

Not really an official thread, more like me just finding out that the BLON BL-07 exists because I never knew about it in the first place. I’m sure some of the mods will make an official thread of it at some point.

Interesting that Blon is going for something different, which might throw off their regular customers.

It sounds like they went for the same tuning the Aria did, avoiding the sparkle, which helps with fatigue, and giving just a bit of bass to make it more Harmon as opposed to neutral. The last year showed there is a market for that.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is basically I am getting a Moondrop Aria that is even cheaper with the price but with a different branding intact? Seems neat for those who are looking for that harman target in a tighter budget.

I haven’t tried it, but from the reviewer’s comments, BL07 sounds like HM with a bit more sub-bass. But I’m keen to see more reviews and FR graphs

1 Like

what is HM?

I haven’t heard it, that was the impression I got from that review. He describes them as mid-forward, but then says Harmon tuning. Those seem conflicting to me, so I want some graphs.

I would also be curious to hear a description of the bass from someone who loves bass, and someone who hates it ( I am thinking HBB and Super*Review ). Usually when I can put those two ends together, I can get a complete picture.

3 Likes

HZSound Heart Mirror. It’s a budget IEM renowned for its clarity and detail retrieval. It’s a bright set.

1 Like

I thought the Aria was occasionally thin below 300Hz,
but the Heart Mirror has a disturbing lack of bass.

I am guessing the Blon version of this will have more bass rather than less, anything else would seem “off brand” for them.

On one side, I prefer that they do more things than just repeat the Blon Bl03. The Tin T2 woth so many variations is absurd…

However, I still don’t see their focus, their brand. I like the Bl03, but they could improve with a better driver (maybe berylium?¿), that could give more bass texture, more resolution and detail… I don’t know… If their biggest success is the Bl03, and it is considered quite bass heavy, I would try to go more on that route. A more bassy IEM, but with good sound quality…

3 Likes

if they did that BB, then they wouldn’t be the BL-03 anymore as they’d sound different and be a lot more expensive. perhaps that is what these BL-07’s will be! :wink:

1 Like

@John_W_Clark does this comparison tool have a function that has it look through it’s FR charts and make groups of models with very similar charts?

I have no idea on all the features, but that would be a cool idea. Some sort of search for IEMs similar to a given IEM signature.

I just like how easy it is to add a few IEMs to compare, and even put a reviewer target with them. I think Super Review was the one who put it up, and his is the default target. BGGAR did a video about it a while back too.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea

1 Like

Some reviews finally showing up on YouTube for the 07. This guy liked the fit, didn’t like the sound as much as the 03, thought the timber and vocals were off, and it has some sibilance. His conclusion was that it wasn’t as good as the 03. For reference, he really liked the Mele, and talked fondly of the Reecho SG-01 ( another budget set in the same price range ). He also echoed the “Heart Mirror with more sub-bass”.

5 Likes

It is a @tonytex_teixeira review.

I want one thing from Blon, a better Blon 03. But the closest thing I have is the Tripowin MELE. I was hoping that the 07 would be Blon’s “T3 Plus” moment, but alas, the BL07 tuning looks closer to the GK10 than the BL03.

3 Likes