🔷 Apple AirPods MAX

I like the looks of the headphone and am glad it comes in space gray…but the asking price will likely be to much compared to the performance you get. Apple is really bad in providing anything close to ‘value’ when it comes to accessories. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just gonna leave this hear

3 Likes

“modeled after those high-end floor-standing speakers” :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Yup. Apple consistently nails it in the “stupid design decisions”-department.
Example 1, Example 2, Example 3

It is looks only, technology is an afterthought year after year.

1 Like

Bwahaha, “Pro Stand.” JFC this makes the Focal headphone stand seem like a bargain.

Honestly would have actually liked to see the new headphones come out as a planar. Consumer-oriented planars would have been really cool. The fact that they are fluffing up the description for pretty normal 40mm dynamic drivers at MSRP $550.

Will definitely have to wait and see if the dsp magic can shut us up. I’d honestly be happy if these turn out to be a decent deal instead of Apple just stretching price with their brand power.

1 Like

I mean the modding community is not at all their target demographic. I have not seen any bt headphone really modded all that extensively

exactly why I stated externanl cause the things you cant see or touch with the exception of the butterfly keyboard generally is awful. the mac though is unexpectedly well thought out in terms of internal layout

PAD SWAPPING THE GW100 BABY!!!*

*I don’t have the GW100, so haven’t done any pad swapping mods…but really want them so I can.

Oh its ONLY 999? What a bargain! ONLY FOR PROS! Crazy…

3 Likes

9 Likes

I was hoping they would sell a Apple headphone stand with the new headphones.
Price point in the 450$. So nice even number when buying both.

1 Like

Design-wise, these look gorgeous. Clean and minimalist, exactly what you expect from Apple. The price is also what you expect from Apple…

I am pretty sure there will be a very small and specific group of people that will be buying these.

1 Like

Have you ever seen the inside of a mac? I have owned several through the years, and I cant tell you.
It really isn’t. The internal layout is, in most cases, is a nightmare both for repairing and functionality.

to them its form over function always if at all, as @MazeFrame showed you, but ill gave you a few more, 1. 1. the iPhone 4 “you are not holding the phone properly,” that why you lose reception - that whole thing
2. the fact that the Macpro, the highest-end Mac that is meant for professionals, cannot upgrade the boot drive since it’s tied to the T2 security chip, and if breaks, you are shit out of luck, and it’s a full nightmare
3.The new M1 MacBooks/MacBook pro/ mac mini - having all the parts soldered on to the PCB - no upgradeability and if they break you are shit out of luck
also, how do you call this an “unexpectedly well thought” layout
aside from a bunch of drives and even a GPU, there is so much dead space in the mac mini that it’s rediculous

2 Likes

Those earpads look yummy. Excellent stitchwork, they look breathable, and they’re supposed to have good isolation. Also, they come in raw salmon color :+1:

1 Like

You have to put yourself in the mindset of Apple - they are trapping you inside their products. Do you really think they want you to be able to get the most out of their machines? Nope. Wish that was the case, because I love my MacBook Pro (early 2015).

It’s just a very genius and manipulative business strategy. If it wasn’t successful, Apple wouldn’t exist today, so clearly it’s working. It’s evil, but it is working, you cannot deny that. We all know that Apple products aren’t best value-wise, they won’t blow you away, but we do love the simplicity of them. Apple remains kind of a puristic company, it doesn’t let other companies enter its territory - which is also one of the reasons their machines work so “well”, no need to waste time for optimization… but their consumers pay the price of not being able to get the most out of their money.

I can say that my MacBook Pro is around 5 years old, still works like new. It gets some minor hiccups from time to time, but never had to waste a lot of time on the OS or anything of that sort. I also own a desktop PC, but I “only” use it for gaming. I love the convenience of my Apple laptop… and I’m on my bed for the majority of time (can’t really have my desktop PC on my bed :frowning: )

I was never for the Apple vs Windows wars, but I do believe each one has its benefits. Some people really just want “plug & play”, yet others are very passionate about performance, value, and personalization. If one can respect both sides, there’s no need to choose one or the other, or argue that one is better than the other

I’m talking more about the new Mac pro the one that looks like a cheese grater it has some features in regards to dissasembly and assembly I would would love to have in custom PC cases. Don’t get me wrong though I believe it’s 5k for the very barely mediocre awful value beginning spec that would hiccup in a lot of editing tasks since day one

I don’t understand the whole plug and play deal whenever the apple conversation comes up. Windows is very plug and play for most people who buy laptops and prebuilts.

2 Likes

I honestly thought this was a joke thread, then I realized it was real…

3 Likes

Sounds like a colab with Nike if you ask me :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Hahahahahhahahahahahahha

Now that I think about it… you’re right.

Hm. I never had to install a single driver on my Mac. Never had performance issues (only slight hiccups). Never had to spend hours in settings.

These thing can be a problem on Windows computers. You have to do the majority of that stuff yourself, it’s more manual - the advantage of this is personal optimization, you can really go extreme with it and do some crazy stuff. I mean you can spend literally hours going through all the settings on Windows computers (it depends on the person, this can be both a pro and a con).

With Apple computers, Apple takes care for all of it… but at what price?