AQ Nighthawk Replacement cable recommendation

Perhaps. That might be an option. Although the btr3 is way out of budget right now for me.

Gotcha. Yeah it’s bizzare they can’t be found. The only one I found was this the only I could find but I think housing is too thick and not mono tips.

3.5mm to Dual 2.5mm Headphone Cable for SOL Republic Tracks, Tracks HD, Tracks HD2, Master Tracks XC X3, 3.5mm to 2x2.5mm Replacement Cord with MIC & Remote Control for V8 V10 Ultra V12 Sound Engine https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081ZN1CVH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_77ODEbDH42VJA

I did it! I found it!

Only exists on aliexpress

2 Likes

Ooh I bet this one would work too if you shaved down the housings to fit in the holes of the nighthawk

2 Likes

Or you could even fully strip the housings and recover them it’s a gamble but a very cheap gamble at least. The connectors should work for sure though.

Wow you sure know how to dig around!
Thanks so much! I will look into these for sure!

Haha I try to be as resourceful as I can.

1 Like

I’ve gotta second donjklassen’s first recommendation and suggest the Hart cable…

I just received the Hart cable I purchased for my Nighthawks about a week ago and couldn’t be happier. I got the 4.4mm balanced along with the 3.5mm single ended connectors to use with both my Chord Mojo and FiiO Q5S. The Hart cable is much better than the stock cable that comes with the Nighthawks (imho).

It doesn’t have the inline control button you mentioned, but if that’s not a deal breaker for you I’m sure you’d be very happy with the build quality and sound quality of the Hart cable.

3 Likes

Only concern there would be price. :sweat_smile:

With Armageddon virtually upon us due to the coronavirus, it’s okay to throw caution to the wind and over spend to indulge your audio obsession :grin:.

2 Likes

But how do you do that when you have no money in your wallet? :thinking:

1 Like

But what if that has no money on it?
Bitcoin?

1 Like

Hart is actually amazing cheap for what you get. But yeah no inline controls. And honestly hart is only worth it if you’re looking for different connections. Like in my case, I made a big hart purchase but that was so I could connect 18 different headphones with 5 different connectors and 5 different sources (2.5 and 4.4 for my es100 and m11, then a 1/4, 4 pin and 1/8 inch.

If you’re looking for only one headphone type and one source then you’re better off buying elsewhere.

1 Like

I also have some nice custom cables to act as the y for the hart cables.

This comes in this week but still got 3 weeks to wait for my 4ft hart interconnects.

3 Likes

These are pretty nice and are very affordable

1 Like

+1 for Hart Audio Cables. I order them for all my headphones. One set of cables to rule them all.

The ONLY complaint I have with Hart audio cables is the para-cord type exterior can cause friction on some things. Then the sound leaks into the headphones. If I sit at my desk at work with my jacket on the cord rubs my jacket zipper and I hear the friction. They have the AC up to high for me so I typically need my jacket just to function.

2 Likes

My Periapt cable does the same thing. Pretty loud noises come through sometimes when that fabric cord runs against anything hard above the Y split.

1 Like

Good to know. I had researched those before buying the Hart Audio. The main reason for going with Hart is the inter-connectivity. So I can change source connection without changing the cable on the headset itself.

For me the sounds come through anywhere along the cable. Above or below the Y. Does not bother me at home when I control the temperature in the room thus do not need a jacket. Only at my place of work where I do not have the same control.

It may be weird to resurrect this topic but I think I found some more good ones after some digging around.
#Aliexpress Your US $2.00 in coupons are here!

And this one looks very similar to the original cable style and look.
#Aliexpress US $9.88 15%OFF | FAAEAL Headphone Replaced Cable 3.5mm To Double 2.5mm Plug Optional Mic Fit For Xiaomi Headphone/Sol Republic Master Tracks HD

I think I might go with that second one there.

2 Likes