AQ Nighthawk Replacement cable recommendation

My stock cable for my Nighthawk Carbon is making some creaking noises when I turn my head with it, and it is starting to develop some kinks and the silver on the connectors is wearing off. Looking for a possible replacement. Plus it is heavy and a bit much to carry around.
If at all possible an inline control button and less importantly a mic would be something I am hoping for too.
As far as budget goes, the less the better. But at the same time I don’t want it to be dumb or not blend well with the look of the headphones.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

https://hartaudiocables.com/collections/headphone-cables/products/hc-7-dual-2-5mm-mono-ts

3 Likes

I’m using a Periapt type 2 at my desk setup, but it doesn’t have a button or mic. Nice fabric wrapped cable though. Very sturdy.

Balanced on unbalanced?

NewFantasia Replacement Upgrade Audio Cable for Sennheiser HD700 / HD 700 Headphones 1.2meters/4feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077Q2XYVV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OsNDEbQ09P12B

If you want a real cheap one. I got the red version of this 2 years ago for my teaks and works great for my nighthawks.

2 Likes

Is this stiff or does it drape nicely (for lack of a better term)?

Ehhhhhhh kinda in the middle. Fairly stiff but it never bugged me really.

It doesn’t kink at all. Stays nice and flat.

Sorry for not specifying. 3.5mm so unbalanced.

That looks pretty nice! No button though. I’ll keep this one on the list. :wink:

Yeah I think it’ll be hard to find one with the inline controls to be honest.

If you don’t mind aliexpress this cable drapes really nice. I have two of these. One for my senns and one for my teaks and nighthawks.

You can choose any source connection as well. 3 different lengths. Mine has held up fine. Best I’ve had for microphonics as well.

1 Like

I rock single ended… newfantasia looks about right… thanks :+1:

I feel ya. You can choose single ended for the VE cable too. But no problem. Hope it works out!

1 Like

Oh, I am wondering now if there might be a way to make an IEM cable work if there are possibly adapters you could use. Unless that isn’t true.

Are you just looking for a thinner cable then?

No, just something that has a button. I have seen some IEM cables with buttons.

Yeah I don’t see any adapters like that. And I can’t find any cables with the controls that will work.

Maybe a cable like this to add controls?

Yeah, I think once I get to the point of having an actual Amp/dac besides my audio player I won’t use a button, but for now when I am going straight from my phone it is very handy since I can’t press any buttons on my phone to do that, unlike my DAP.

Yeah the only thing I can think is getting an adapter to add control. Or add a cheap Bluetooth dac like the btr3 since the nighthawk doesn’t need much power?