šŸ”¶ Audioquest NightHawk

Trying to find deals on nighthawks if anyone knowsā€¦ Much appreciated.

Ah thatā€™s true, I guess it would possibly be an upgrade to me because itā€™s not the specific sound signature I want. Anything with forward vocals is an upgrade to me lol

1 Like

Elex are excellent. Canā€™t recommend them enough.

2 Likes

Who are you again?

2 Likes

Just purchased a set of Nighthawksā€¦ Rumor has it the cable sucksā€¦ Looking for advice on new cable.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s pretty bad tbh

I would assume Periapt or Hart makes oneā€¦ wondering if there is something less expensive.

I think the cheapest was the new fantasia hd700 cable

1 Like

I bought one of those for a set of Sennā€™s (different)ā€¦ cable is heavy and stiff

yeah that is different then what I got

If you need a cheap cable this one is pretty good

1 Like

cable ordered or at least on list to get. Thanks.

2 Likes

Normally I use Periapt but just ordered 2 for other cansā€¦ gonna wait for a bit.

the new fantasia cable is a bit stiff but pretty light, itā€™s not my favorite cable but for 20 bucks itā€™s great. the stock cable is pretty awful imo well worth the 20 for the new fantasia

Donā€™t do it. I think it makes sense to step up both those wonā€™t ā€œreplaceā€ these. I donā€™t think anything can. I say you keep them when you want that different sound. Iā€™ve gotten 3 new pairs since these already lol. But I would dare give them up personally ha.

1 Like

Lol, Iā€™ve talked about this with some people who know my taste in headphones pretty well. I can replace the hawks with many other headphones out there thatā€™s the good thing about not having the best of the best and liking multiple sound signatures. Iā€™m not picky with my requirements

1 Like

For the moment Iā€™m holding back due to some unforseen circumstances but I did ultimately decide to keep the hawks. I like em and want to have both the elex or elegĆ­as and the hawks

6 Likes

Do whatever you think is best dude. If it were me though, I would get or try the thing out that you want to next, and then decide if you want to keep the Nighthawk as something in your collection for what it is while still getting something new, or if you really donā€™t enjoy it anymore and want to get rid of it and keep the new thing.
The gang will not come after you, we are not savages. All we require is a blood pact/marker, like those in John Wick. :wink:

True. We all stand by your decision. I just couldnā€™t get rid of mine. Itā€™d be one thing if these were easily replaceable. But you can basically only get them used which makes me more sure mine will stay ha. Even if they have more shelf life them listening time ha.

1 Like

Mine do have a few small chips in the wood near the bottom, and the wire headband may be ever so slightly bent, but otherwise they are in great condition, and I handle them with great care. They are really what got me into this hobby and I donā€™t think I will ever replace them. I donā€™t use them as much as my other gear, even if they are my favorite thing I have.
It is like having a unique and classic car that is not being produced anymore. I would not drive it around every day, I would have a different one for that, perhaps a beater that just gets from point A to point B, efficiently and safely. I would try to be careful and not put too many miles on it, while still enjoying it when I have the chance. :blush:

1 Like