šŸ”¶ Audioquest NightHawk

RNHP is first on the list, thinking the nighthawk is a close second nowā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a wonder AQ donā€™t sell the IP on these to someone like Drop. I paid Ā£250 for mine, new, possibly the best buy I have made headphone wise. Other contender would be the Ā£140 Audio Technica ATH MSR7, again new. Both models are genuinely excellent, not just great for the price paid but excellent full stop. The Nighthawk is one of the very few genuinely different headphones and they really work. Give me Nighthawk over another model tuned around the Harman curve any day of the week. I suspect many would need to give the Nighthawk time to adjust to the different tuning but if they give it space they may become hooked. They show the value of a company having the nerve to challenge existing orthodoxy and their own thing.

7 Likes

Stop making me want theseā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m fairly sensitive to the S region, how are these in that regard? Can they ever be harsh in that frequency range?

1 Like

Theyā€™re really dark up top and warm in the lower frequenciesā€¦ literally nothing offensive about the fr

do you have a headphone you can reference?

edit: just saw your profile ā€¦ so its comparable to your kph30i

2 Likes

What exactly is the difference between warm and dark?

1 Like

when I say warm I mean nice bass presence and when I say dark I mean recessed trebleā€¦ sorry lol

2 Likes

Gotcha. Basically my style.

2 Likes

was actually thinking about selling my nighthawks as some of my other headphones have been dominating my listening time. But after sitting down with them again decided against it. there really isnā€™t anything quite like them. At least not that Iā€™ve heard, if anything getting to try more headphones has made me appreciate their uniqueness more. They arenā€™t my favorite headphone, or my most listened to, but they are quite special imo

6 Likes

yeah listening to them right now, was on a binge of pleather for a while. but switched at the moment just for the different presentation and its really something else lol. just so cohesive and warm sounding. I also like that the instruments are more centered too. donā€™t get me wrong, not saying itā€™s better per say than normal headphone presentation but itā€™s something that other headphones should copy because it has itā€™s own beauty

4 Likes

As much as I LOVE my audioquest Nighthawks, I am looking to step up to an elex or elegia. So I will be selling the Nighthawks in case anyone is interested Dm me

2 Likes

Well if you are getting rid of yours, now I want to get rid of mine.?!?..

2 Likes

hahaha letā€™s all jump a bridge too

4 Likes

nighthawk sale+suicide pact?!

3 Likes

You sell the nighthawks you sell your life

5 Likes

i know, the nighthawk gang will be after my life after this lol

1 Like

Dude, they are barely broken inā€¦I understand though, that desire to keep trying something new is a bitch.

1 Like

well itā€™s true that i havenā€™t had them for too long lol but itā€™s been a solid 2 months by now lol. itā€™s just the elex or elegia seem like the next step that iā€™ve been chasing for a while tbh

1 Like

Seriously, trust me i understand the feeling. Iā€™ve been hovering over the BUY button on nearly $3k in mixed purchases the past week. I havenā€™t bought anything Though, except some inexpensive speaker stands i actually needed.

Every single other item is some kind of ā€œupgradeā€ nonsenseā€¦I donā€™t need any of it, and honestly shouldnā€™t be looking at any of it until i decide to at least try and let go Or shelf something first. Every time i get the urge To hit buy, i sit back and enjoy some music and try to understand what i think i am missing. Itā€™s like a type of torture, hahaha :crazy_face:

2 Likes

haha fair enough, ur pretty deep in urself tho lol

1 Like