Are headphones played out?

Why was dude’s account suspended? He was this close to saving me from myself. Alas, now I’ll spend more money on better gear :frowning:

1 Like

Fun topic lol.

Give me house sound, something unique, and originality.

I don’t want new iterations every year. It’s wasteful.
If there aren’t any improvements, then keep selling me the old crap that works otherwise why sennheiser holding back on us for?! The nerve.

Also just EQ. Headphones are so played out…

Also,

Can we have a sarcasm thread? That would be funny.

1 Like

I think that this comment ended his career:

Either way, the guy, whether intentional or unintentional, had a God complex. It looks like he felt as though he truly came to the TRUE conclusion about the only headphone that is good — Sennheiser HD600. However, it doesn’t look like he understood that sound perception is subjective and that there is no single TRUE best headphone that will be the best to everyone. That’s why we are all still here. I had a similar experience when I was doing my research for my Ollo S4X review, but as I later found out, it is all subjective and there is no single audio product that will sound the same to everybody.

Some will be happy with a $200 setup, some will be happy with a $1000, and others need to spend over $10k to satisfy their needs. I have nothing against any of them. As long as the person is happy and isn’t starving themselves or their family, I think it’s okay. Life is short, so why not spend your hard earned money on something that will result in satisfaction? How much money you will spend is entirely up to you!

Unfortunately for the OP, his firm and stubborn statements resulted in his ban. Being open-minded in this hobby is a must. Just like you have people who will firmly say that that their expensive gear sounds better (subjective to that person’s experience/perception), the owner of said expensive gear should be able to accept and understand if somebody doesn’t think it sounds better. I don’t think that should be seen as an offensive comment, it’s just that that person doesn’t experience the same experience/feeling that you do, and that is okay… unless you have an ego or somebody’s opinion makes you insecure about your setup (investment) — then you will tend to protect your investment and do the same thing this guy did, which is make aggressive defensive statements.

People need to respect each other both ways around: People who own cheaper gear and are having that TOTL experience with it, and people who own expensive gear and are having TOTL experience with it. Being stubborn in this hobby is pretty much suicide, because hearing is not objective/universal at all. Add our brain and the psychological side of things, and you have one big subjective thing.

Rant, rant, and rant. Love it.

3 Likes

Yeah I know. I was being silly :wink:

2 Likes

Just in case somebody else was wondering, I answered with a serious attitude.

This isn’t the first time this type of conversation happened… sadly.

1 Like

Agreed with your earlier response. I can see someone, with different priorities, being Very happy with the HD58X’s, a liquid Spark and an economic DAC for years.

1 Like