Are in wall speakers any good?

Hello, I’m wondering if there are any good in wall speakers? I have two walls that slant near a 45 degree angle and I’m in my bedroom. My dad talked to me about putting speakers into the slants of my room so I am just curious if they are any good and if I need to do any soundproofing or whatever.

I am also wondering how many I need, like do I get two long in wall speakers, 1 for each wall and a subwoofer or what. Realistically, I’d have a budget of $500ish but this is later down the road. I’d rather much know if in wall speakers are good in the first place

1 Like

Heard somewhere they sound better if make an enclosure behind the wall . Also, wonder if you can make a box and run them like conventional speakers.

Hopefully I won’t have to do that. I’m just waiting on someone with personal experience to come by and give me an answer.

I don’t consider them even mid-fi. I’ve installed plenty and never heard one I’d spend my own money on. :man_shrugging:

Interesting, what would you get instead then? I’m trying to go for a mid-range setup with that budget in the post and how would you position it?

I have a image they more for like “elevator music or background” music. Maybe something related to presentations but just for listening music. Might not be the greatest solution?

I mean flush mounted studio speakers in good rooms is the best there is but that’s not really a “wall speaker” in my mind. Kinda is but not.

Would think its like car audio. They go in- ceiling for atmos, some installs use a thick rubber box to create an enclosure on youtube for overhead speakers.

I’d do bookshelf speakers and pull them a couple of feet away from the wall(s). But you haven’t specified if this is doable or not.