Are the oh10s a good start to the iem world?

I have another question for yall are iems or headphones better i know there both different in there own ways and its a different experience for each one but is there a clear sound quality difference in one being clearly better or worse?

Personally I would say it goes Speakers > Open Back Headphones > IEMs> Closed Back Headphones. Although I would also say that if you’re on a tighter budget then IEMs would be the go to.

Might wanna check out this thread…

I feel there are fewer good choices in the headphone world than in the IEM world personally(unless you got the bucks), so getting headphones out of the way really helped me with IEMs. I’ve stated it before that good IEMs make me question the value of headphones. Now, can I game for hours in IEMs the way I use headphones, I doubt it since I have exceptionally comfy headphones, but its close. I would argue for sound quality below 200$ its hard to find headphones that come close in value. Basically 58x, 6xx, and something like the one more triple drivers(purely due to presentation and bass). IEMs are more detailed and more resolving, but can have more odd tunings and QC issues so unless its a proven commodity its a dice roll. The sound stage is almost always a room sound since its not really open most of the time. Staging is more intimate by a fair bit most of the time.

1 Like

“better” really isn’t the right question. They are different experiences. It’s more of a preference thing. IEMs and headphones both come with questions of proper fit, just not the same questions. You’ll find a wide range of sound signatures in both.

2 Likes

Ok i just havnt owned a pair of iems so i havnt ever compared one another or tested that i have micca mb42xs and a topping mx3 with phillips phidelio x2hrs the issue i run into is im pretty busy and alot of the times im not at my desk to listen to my audio files and stuff so i was looking for a more portable setup and was going to get the btr5 from fiio with a good iem and i think ive decided on the ikko oh10s

1 Like

Thank you for the feed back an advice