Are there any good and inexpnsive RCA switches?

I’m thinking of something like a 2x4 or 2x6 for a couple DAC and up to 4 or 6 amps?

lots of stuff come sup on Amazon but the prices yo-yo so low and so high :stuck_out_tongue:

Tricky to find.
I use one of these and its excellent but doesn’t give your required configuration

1 Like

In terms of wanting at least a 2x4 switch, can’t really think of a cheap one that I felt was at least fairly quality, what you could do is get a switch with 1 in 4 out or similar, and then get another switch of the same, and now you have a 4x4 switch by tying them together as a matrix. Not as ideal as a single box solution, but a way to get a large input and output switch for cheaper

As an example I’ve not tried this one, but you get 2 of something equivalent to these and then run one of the switches in reverse

Most of the nice rca switches I’ve tried end up being on the more pricey side of things, you’re always chancing some irritating crosstalk issues with a lot of the cheap switches

1 Like

guess not sure what’s inexpensive for you TC-7240 ~$100 very nice quality, knobs for both in and out selections, 2 in 4 out or 4 in 2 out.

2 Likes

that’s more like what I am thinking about. thank you CTOX!

so essentially you’re saying anything should work, whether it’s cheap or not? :wink:

As long as it’s not garbage tier cheap <20 switch, it will likely work. If it’s in a lower end to midrange setup, they can become a concern in higher end setups, but I’d only care about that much later on. If you get something from amazon you can just return it if it breaks or has other issues

1 Like

you know…I could almost see gong with a tone of y splitters and just keep the connector ends secured to the wall with those lil rubber wire friction grip thingies…labeled of course, and then grab what I want when I want, LoL

For info, I bought a 20$ switch in a plastic box, plugged everything, heard all the interferences in the world. Gave it away, bought a 100$ solid metal box, put it at the exact same place: Silence.

Lesson learned. Switches might need to be in “faraday cages”.

1 Like