Are there any young audiophiles?

That would be fantastic, but i don’t that could happen. I don’t think he likes headphones, 2 weeks ago we went to one of the biggest Hi-Fi events in italy and we both tried a pair of LCD-X connected to an Angstorm Stella, he was like “oh ok”, we also tried some Spirit Torino and a pair of Kingsound electrostatics. To be honest i was also like “oh ok” because the music playing in all of the systems were some very chill, slow, often mono-instrument jazz/classical. Maybe when i’ll get a better pair of headphones (currently using HD4.40 with no amp) and listen to the music we like, he’ll change his mind and maybe buy something to use at work

Yeah, listening to music you actually enjoy and are familiar with will give you a much better idea of audio gear

I’m very young! I’m only 33… =)

When it comes to age, there are no limits of being an audio enthusiast. I used to be a young audiophile when I was at the young age of 16, now I am still the same me but with some improved IEMs and cans. It took me a lot of years to go from a cheap ass Samsung earphones the old ones to a Tin Audio T2 levels of sound (my recent ones are the Shure SE215s, KZ ZS10 Pros and Cooler Master MH751s aka rebranded Takstar Pro 82s)

1 Like

Yeah, it took a very long time to go from listening to music through cheap apple earpods to something like my hd600’s. Mostly having a job helped with affording what i have now. Something that might be just me, but as my preference for headphones has changed, my preference for music has changed with it.

1 Like

It is good to get to the point, even though I don’t have the privilege to get to the levels of end game or mid tier quality of sounds, at least the sounds I got are much better and overwhelmingly heaven-like for me. I love music in general and I cannot go out without IEMs or Headphones on my head while listening to music.

Im 14 and started my money burning journey 2 years ago haha. I’ve got a pair of hd650s he400i and my favorite pair, my andromedas (and a few more i wont list). all run with a thx aaa 789 amp :D. My uncles are also audiophiles which is why i can use all my savings on this expensive hobby. They own stax, final audio, b & w speakers that kinda thing.

3 Likes

Yup, having family that likes this hobby sure does help lol

1 Like

and much easier when you have an access with those things

Also true. I hope more stuff becomes more available in more places, as this is a great hobby to get into imo

1 Like

Well thanks to the internet otherwise I would be stuck with Beats and whatever :stuck_out_tongue:

I live in a lost town and if I want guitar picks, either I drive 100km or I order on eBay.

1 Like

Why not make a guitar pick out of an old gift card or credit card or cd or something lol

I did those, it’s a good change with some improvisation done. If only I can get the time again to play guitar and relearn some of the stuff because I feel I am rusty now when it comes to guitar playing.

Haha, that’s… not optimal. :stuck_out_tongue:

Does young at heart count?

6 Likes

At least it gets the job done for the time being lol

Well depends on what you definition of audiophile is. Im 18 in my first year of collage and i too seem to be the only one in my class who understand anything really in the audio/sound area. Even tho id prefer certain tubes over others and can tell the difference while my friends cant tell the difference, i dont consider myself as an audiophile…

Well thats good that you have developed your hearing lol, thats part of the journey. Once you get acquainted with nice gear, you start to develop better active listening by paying attention and further appreciating the music and the difference between certain equipment. So that might explain why you can tell the differences, while people with presumably similar hearing ability cannot so easily

I’m 19 and I just got into this hobby at the beginning of the year.

2 Likes

Well let’s just say as we grow up and continue to mature like a leveling up process in games that we play, and so is our state of our audio equipments that we got. Like going from a non-HiFi level audio listening range to an endgame level of HiFi. I am sure some of you here are already at the endgame level but as for me I am still progressing and it’s a step by step progression when it comes to owning IEMs and cans with sounds that is overall soundgasmic to your ears and heart.