Are there any young audiophiles?

Here’s a hint, there is no endgame lol. I mean I just get tired of the phrase and how people get something saying its going to be their “endgame” and its better then everything else and they will not upgrade. I actually think the phrase endgame has caused more people to unnecessarily upgrade then actually be satisfied with what they have. There is a point in which you will for the most part be wholly satisfied, but the urge to upgrade will exist, it just gets to the point where the urge to upgrade is less then your total satisfaction with what you currently have and use. You just kinda have to accept that there is better out there, but at the same time accept that you are satisfied with what you have

4 Likes

Aaah satisfaction and contentment, the hardest one to get not just in audio but in life as well.

1 Like

Everytime i get new gear i always say that its the last thing i need and after this im done. And then a few days later im back to the same endless loop of wanting something better than i have. The grind never stops lol.

I’m a 34 year old teenager, lol.

Me and my buddy are the only ones I know that care at all about audio locally we are both 21

I think I am the only one among my friends who is like an audiophile. But right now my other friend which is I treat like a real brother is slowly but surely becoming like me due to the suggestion I have given him, plus he owns a Philips SHP 9500 as his primary cans.

Well there is a pot of gold under the rainbow right next to the unicorn. :slight_smile:
When you find it, you know it’s impossible to find it again then you are in the endgame. You dont even want to find it again, search is over.

I could swear i did see trail of the leprechaun and found a gold coin.
I know where the pot is but it might not get their… ever but 'im super happy about the coin. I’m kinda tasting the endgame. This is with speakers and AV gear. :wink:

3 Likes

Welp, I’m 17, gonna turn 18 in a few months. I got college apps to pay, and a drivers license I need to get, so it’s pretty difficult to grab anything more than ksc-75s for the time being.

1 Like

Did you end up grabbing the 75s? If you did what do you think

It’s been something I’ve been wanting to do but my folks think it’s a waste of money for me to grab. Their argument pretty much boils down to ‘You already have headphones for your PC, you should keep those until they wear out before buying something else.’

Honestly, I’m not entirely sure what I could do about that right now. I gotta play the waiting game.

1 Like

Im 13 years old first found drop then the rest is history

1 Like

i am a 16 Mexican teen and a audiophile all started when i became 14 and my dad had saved a lot of money to build an audiophile audio system because he was an audiophile also because of he’s parents well any ways after listening to his music on that audio system i was fascinated to a point that i got a job to get a similar audio system until my dad being the audiophile he was and considering that i was becoming an audiophile to he told me to quit my job because he got me and amp and a pair of sennheiser hd 600 and thats when it started and i became an audiophile
what makes me probably the only audiophile who listen to 2pac on open back headphones

4 Likes

Welcome aboard, Josue. Apologies for the lifelong drain on the wallet ahead of you :laughing:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure about that :smirk: Although I’m not all that into 2pac specifically :sweat_smile:

You would be surprised at the amount of us that listen to 2 pac or hip hop in general in this forum with open backs.

2 Likes

Oh yeah…

I’m an old cunt that likes music and listens to 2pac on IEM’s…old’ens still be down with shit :fist_right:

2 Likes

Rn I’m 16 but I started at 14 lol. I’m hoping once I get to college i can start doing some mod ideas I have.

1 Like

@MrSushi I remember when I was a young audiophile at your age. Read through everything in the forums but only had money for affordable koss and skull candy and eventually the m50 when it was released. The hands on learning throughout the years was fun when I had the money for it. Started modding the affordable stuff around 18.

What I generally learned through the journey of audio is, the gear can sound better, and the old stuff stays great and there will always be gear that is just not right for you or just mehh. Opinions are opinions, so find what you like and listen to it because the hype is hype until you actually listen to it for what it is. Invest in quality within your budget if you find your sound signature.

Wish I was still young audiophile, sciatica is killing me today.

1 Like

when i was growing up many moons ago, “young audiophiles” had after market car stereos. much cheaper to upgrade car speakers then to buy a quality stereo. I was hooked as far as i can remember. My dad had a banging stereo with record player and 8 track(pre cassettes or cd’s hitting main stream). Then when i was about 5 years old they sold it to pay the bills. spent the next 30 odd years with a cheap off the shelf boombox.

Money, priorities, and time are the big 3 young people typically are not “audiophiles”. But i think that trend is changing as high quality audio is by far the cheapest it has ever been and is only getting cheaper over time.

1 Like