Are there any young audiophiles?

Thanks dude :+1:! I too wanna start doing modding lol. Itā€™s been fun so far finding out about all whatā€™s going on in the audio world.

1 Like
3 Likes

I wonder if hifi will be mundane moving forward, bluetooth ordinary.

in my opinion the best future would be one where they both merge. Easy to use Bluetooth audio sounds just as good as a giant open back that takes a car battery to power and costs thousands of dollars. But so far the main thing bluetooth audio is striving for is software stuff like ease of use, noise cancellation and others. But I also feel like the hifi community is growing as well. More companies are popping up, more hifi audio channels are appearing. So thereā€™s hope for both futures in the end.

Wireless self powered home theater speakers.

Iā€™m a very young 39 yo (no really, everbody says that). Always was a bit of a tech-nerd and have been a musician for my whole life so far. Loved to play around with my fatherā€™s Hitachi stereo back then, fiddeling around with knobs as every young boy will at some point. Then my bro bought himself a stereo and i followed him just a few weeks later, it was some no-way decent sony compact system with a 5x CD changer ā€¦ just to dis my brother lol Bu it was fun nontheless back then. My next step was audio from a pc-gaming angle. I had a Creative 4.1 system from cambridge audio, which was actually quite decent for what it was. But i later upgraded to the then super-famous Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 set. Man, that was a step up! I then added a 5.1 DVD-player with SACD support and bought me some SACDs back then. And even though, nothing about my system really was audiophile, other than the SACD-player, i enjoyed the crap out of it. That was in my early 20s. Then a huge lightning strike destroyed much of it. Then my family moved. Then i moved again. Then i got my Concept E Magnum back. Then, about 10 years ago, my buddy showed me his Sennheiser HD600. Then the HD700 came out. The rest is history.

3 Likes

Iā€™m doing my part to train the next generation. My 9yr old has discovered the magic of DT880 600ohm on the A3 for movie watching. Now to find a way to get him out of my listening chair so I can use itā€¦

6 Likes

Hahahaha noiceeeeee. Lol. Starting him early

I consider myself young at heart. And at age too (23). I got into this for a simple reason, my phone the v30 was known for good audio. So I figured I should get audio gear to showcase it. From there I went on to where I am now, own tons of pieces that I take pride in an enjoy thoroughly. Sinc ei work I have been able to afford some real nice stuff too~ And feel happy knowing everything I bought was with my own hard earned money

3 Likes

Similar story, 24 here, but hooked to audio since I have memory, when I started buying gear with own money shit got real.

Man please DM me the names of the LeeSSang and BOL4 albums I should start with, Iā€™d like to see how they perform on an EP format as only heard their youtube versions. @Jose_G and also what do you pair them with.

1 Like

You and I being so close in age explains alot lol.

Sounds good! Iā€™ll reply to the rest in pm too

As an ADHD kid the only way my mom knew how to calm me down was laying under the living room table listening to the dead guy (mozart) togheter on my fathers rotel/dynaudio so i guess that qualifies even tho I dont think i paid much attention (to anything more than a few seconds if it did not include a puck & a stick or punching someone in the face) but music always captivated me seemingly, at 16-17 I found the techno/psy scene, I spent 10 years straight tracking down those mostly purple funktion one speakers and LIVED inside music. Then a new kid came to the block named covid. the panic of not getting high end sound costed me 50k since the start of this flue and 10+ headphones, 25+ IEMā€™s, 5 DAPā€™s, dongles,btr5ā€™s , Hegel,kef metas, svs subs 10 HP amps, tubes, Dacs and god knows what later I kind of settled the audio part of things, now we need Hi-Fi holographic nomads from all over the world and true to the source as the artist intended it forest princesses to enter the game and im ready for Covid-22. I fell down the rabit hole big time, recently that meant acid , now its synonumous with waiting for DHL packaged from china and DSPing the stereo to maximise the damaged relationship with the neighbours. oh the times they are achanging - Neil not so young compared to me.

I also got a god son thatā€™s slightly over one earth spin, that baller knows how to say mama, mango and that if he lift his hand illustrating snapping his fingers the beat bout to drop cuz a minimum of 3 adulds will trip over things in panic racing to give that kid the beats he demands, he loves to eat the bassline on the JBL I got thim and he goes to sleep with a speaker as a teddy bear, I have high hopes in that kid, hes goinā€™ places, not university perhapsā€¦ but places.

1 Like

My fiends lad wantā€™s to be a racer lolā€¦(my old Ninja)ā€¦

1 Like

i just turned 16 like a week ago, recently got my beyerdynamic custom studio 80 ohm last december, and am planning to buy a heresy/ modi 3+ stack in a few months.

1 Like

im 17 from germany and started with audio 2-3years ago, my first ā€œAudiophileā€ headphones where Beyerdynamic dt770 80ohm

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome! Back in 2005 my first ā€œaudiophileā€ headphone was a dt770 80ohm. I regret to this day ever selling them.

1 Like

Awesome! :+1:

Iā€™m doing my part tooā€¦

Iā€™ve handed down:

• 770 250 to my 7 year old
  • Monoprice Retro to my 9 year old (she liked those better)
  • 4xx to my younger brother
1 Like

How young is ā€œyoungā€?
Right now iā€™m 22, but i started on the hobby when i was around 16.

2 Likes

Make friends and influence people to get into hifi.

1 Like

Oh, i got at least one of my friends on the hobby!
Right now heā€™s above me, with a Focal Celestee.

2 Likes