Are WiFi remotes a thing?

WiFi music streaming is gaining steam / popularity due to Bluetooth’s range and bandwidth limitations and running a couple of ‘wish there were products with this’ thoughts through my head made me compose this question.

so many devices you control with IR / Bt remotes are now networked connected that having universal WiFi remotes to control them anywhere in the home, not just by line of sight or within 10ft has great use prospects that I hope it’ll become a thing sooner rather than later if it isn’t already.

one of my ‘wish there was’ thoughts was about how nice it would be to have an audiophile grade WiFi headset that you could wear anywhere in your home and have independent volume controls for music and phone / VOIP app that also uses Bt and allows you to pair multiple devices…ie. computer & smartphone so you can jump around to accept calls from them.

the last bit doesn’t have anything to do with my question, but it is a necessary feature / function I require on top of WiFi remote control.